Highest recommended specs I've ever seen in a game

Started by WusiBabyEater, October 06, 2015, 04:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
The minimum specs don't surprise me but Holy  :censored: at the recommended specs. Who uses 16 GB of ram  in gaming?lol. I feel like technology is moving way too fast unless there are just very exaggerated requirements.

Minimum PC System Requirements

Processor (Intel): Intel i3 6300T or equivalent
Memory: 8GB RAM
Hard Drive: At least 40 GB of free space
Graphics card (NVIDIA): nVidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB
Graphics card (ATI): ATI Radeon HD 7850 2GB
DirectX: 11.0 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection

Recommended PC System Requirements

Processor (Intel): Intel i5 6600 or equivalent
Memory: 16GB RAM
Hard Drive: At least 40 GB of free space
Graphics card (NVIDIA): nVidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB
DirectX: 11.1 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection

hmm, maybe I will put a new video card on my wish list  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

October 06, 2015, 08:14:14 PM #3 Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 08:16:18 PM by AiRJacobs
@WusiBabyEater: The RAM requirements are exaggerated. I played the Alpha with 8Gb 1600MHz RAM just fine. All of the other requirements make sense though.

@BlackScorpion: No, the game will not be DirectX 12 Compatible :(

Yep, I just saw them yesterday, that quite a lot of money to spend to get the game running smoothly.
I had the chance to build my new computer last month, and it just barely fits the recommended settings.

I read that if you can run Battlefield 4, you'll be able to run the new SWBF, but I cannot confirm any of this. I only played Battlefield 3 when it was given for free on Origin.

It's hard to believe I built the best PC I could in January including a 980 graphics card and that just meets the requirements now.

It will be interesting to see if this leap is a one off as games are no longer developed to run on PS3 and 360 or if they just keep going up. Hopefully they start to improve the graphics using efficiency not power soon.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on October 07, 2015, 10:13:01 AM
It's hard to believe I built the best PC I could in January including a 980 graphics card and that just meets the requirements now.

It will be interesting to see if this leap is a one off as games are no longer developed to run on PS3 and 360 or if they just keep going up. Hopefully they start to improve the graphics using efficiency not power soon.
It may come to that someday, but as long as the big PC manufacturers are making money, they'll try to make sure the latest titles need the most powerful, most expensive hardware to run at the best settings. Power efficiency will probably take a while before that sinks into the big manufacturers minds, though if it has already then I sure hope they can start making GPUs and the like that perform crazy fast tasks, at half the power (or at the very least, a little less than what the next big thing needs).