RIP LucasArts

Started by Giftheck, April 03, 2013, 11:14:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Ltin on April 03, 2013, 01:07:35 PM
Has anyone noticed that ever since lucasfilm was bought by disney, everything official has been detrimental in someway? This cant all be just a coincidence. THEY ARE TRYING TO RUIN STAR WARS.

It is an undeniable and may i say fundemental quality of star wars, that, when faced with extection, still, only one alternative is preferable.

Just like THEY RUINED MARVEL, amirite? ::)
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Has anyone noticed that ever since lucasfilm was bought by disney, everything official has been detrimental in someway? This cant all be just a coincidence. THEY ARE TRYING TO RUIN STAR WARS.

They are definitely not trying to ruin star wars. would u pay all that money disney paid to buy lucasfilm just to ruin star wars?

Quote from: [FC]Josh on April 03, 2013, 01:16:09 PM
They are definitely not trying to ruin star wars. would u pay all that money disney paid to buy lucasfilm just to ruin star wars?
they may not be ruining it it their eyes, but they are in mine. They think star wars is for little kids only. Like what they did with marvel kind of.
marvel look at all these animated shows about spider man and stuff. Its for kids! Little ones!
  :sick: :whip:

THEY ARE TRYING TO RUIN STAR WARS.
Disney isn't trying to ruin Star Wars. They paid over $4 billion dollars for it. What they are trying to do is make money which is what every for-profit business is trying to do. It's not like George Lucas wasn't using Star Wars as a money maker. I could make the argument that George Lucas made the entire prequel trilogy just to make a load of money. Business is business.

April 03, 2013, 01:18:35 PM #35 Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 01:20:51 PM by ggctuk2005
Quote from: Ltin on April 03, 2013, 01:16:33 PM
I know nothing about marvel, but look at all these animated shows about spider man and stuff. Its for kids! Little ones!
  :sick: :whip:

Just like the 1990s Marvel shows were for kids. And that was long before Disney bought them.

Look at The Avengers, Iron Man, Spider-Man... none of these have been ruined by Disney at all. As a matter of fact, I'd sya that those movies are not little kids movies at all.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

FINE! I know they paid a lot of money for star wars,  and that they wont try to ruin it. But thats not what i mean when i said that. You are taking it too literally. I meant, in my eyes, it is being ruined.

Quote from: Ltin on April 03, 2013, 01:20:16 PM
I meant, in my eyes, it is being ruined.
I don't mean to sound mean, but I seriously doubt Disney cares about your particular opinion  :shrug:
There are way too many people out there for them to care about 1 specific person, even if it's the president. (although, if they did change just for the president, it would be pretty screwed up...)

April 03, 2013, 01:24:38 PM #38 Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 01:27:31 PM by ggctuk2005
FINE! I know they paid a lot of money for star wars,  and that they wont try to ruin it. But thats not what i mean when i said that. You are taking it too literally. I meant, in my eyes, it is being ruined.

At which point is it being 'ruined' in your eyes? Because the general concensus among the fans is that Lucas himself ruined it with Star Wars Episode I and with the numerous Star Wars Original Trilogy revisions. In other words, it was being 'ruined' long before Disney even eyed LucasFilm.

The point is this: Disney have not mishandled Pixar or Marvel, so why should you think they'd mishandle Star Wars? Aside from the LucasArts closuer, which, IMHO, was inevitable, Disney or not.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Change can be a scary thing. Most people don't like change, but it can actually make things better in the end. We won't really know how this affects anything until at least a few years from now. I'm actually very excited that Disney is overseeing the next Star Wars movie and George Lucas isn't. They are already putting the right people in place to start it in the right direction. Any story can be interesting, it's just about the way you tell it.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on April 03, 2013, 01:23:23 PM
I don't mean to sound mean, but I seriously doubt Disney cares about your particular opinion  :shrug:
There are way too many people out there for them to care about 1 specific person, even if it's the president. (although, if they did change just for the president, it would be pretty screwed up...)
i dont mean to be mean right now, but do you think i dont realize that? I dont care if they are about me, i only care that people hear me out, even if they arent the right people.
Quote from: SirPimped on April 03, 2013, 01:25:12 PM
Change can be a scary thing. Most people don't like change, but it can actually make things better in the end. We won't really know how this affects anything until at least a few years from now. I'm actually very excited that Disney is overseeing the next Star Wars movie and George Lucas isn't. They are already putting the right people in place to start it in the right direction.
im not talkint about movies, im only referring to the gaming area atm. Im just as excited for the new movie as anyone else.

Quote from: Ltin on April 03, 2013, 01:27:30 PM
im not talkint about movies, im only referring to the gaming area atm. Im just as excited for the new movie as anyone else.
Well LucasArts hasn't exactly produced great games in the past even if that is hard for some people to hear. So change can be a good thing. There will still be Star Wars games. The downside is it will take longer for the next ones to come out. But good things come to those who wait. ;)

This topic is going better than I'd thought originally  :happy:

Quote from: Ltini dont mean to be mean right now, but do you think i dont realize that? I dont care if they are about me, i only care that people hear me out, even if they arent the right people.
Ah okay, that makes things much more understandable :P

Quote from: SirPimped on April 03, 2013, 01:25:12 PM
I'm actually very excited that Disney is overseeing the next Star Wars movie and George Lucas isn't.

me too. i dont think george lucas would have made the last 3 star wars movies. it was good to hear disney was going to do it.

Quote from: SirPimped on April 03, 2013, 01:31:05 PM
Well LucasArts hasn't exactly produced great games in the past even if that is hard for some people to hear. So change can be a good thing. There will still be Star Wars games. The downside is it will take longer for the next ones to come out. But good things come to those who wait. ;)
some things make me very impatience, and me raging is one of them
Goodbye, lucas arts  :bye: