what are everyone's favorite quotes?

Started by Ltin, April 02, 2013, 06:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Ultimo (Nobi) on April 06, 2013, 03:05:37 PM
My favorite quote... I hope this counts, it happened while I was playing a server awhile back before the gamespy shutdown:
Your Mom Killed Herself
(obviously, one player was "Your Mom", and the other was "Herself".)
:/

The best I've seen was somebody called "The entire population of Switzerland".

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."
-Shakespeare

Quote from: Snake on April 06, 2013, 01:54:16 PM
My all time favorite:

:P
Something about this really bugs me, I guess it's the self righteousness/ arrogance combined with the tired injunction to "free your mind and think".

Mr. Twain was not known for tolerating ignorance or foolishness, so throwing adjectives like self-righteous and arrogant at him might have been considered as a compliment. (I'm sure it would be taken in the context of what you were trying to sell him.)

Here's another arrogant quote from him :P
QuoteKeep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. ~Mark Twain

Quote from: tirpider on April 06, 2013, 05:36:04 PM
Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. ~Mark Twain

hmm, I like that  :D

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

April 06, 2013, 08:41:58 PM #35 Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 10:42:02 PM by Joseph
Quote from: tirpider on April 06, 2013, 05:36:04 PM
Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. ~Mark Twain
Yeah this is good advice and not arrogant.

"Stealing, of course, is a crime, and a very impolite thing to do. But like most impolite things, it is excusable under certain circumstances. Stealing is not excusable if, for instance, you are in a museum and you decide that a certain painting would look better in your house, and you simply grab the painting and take it there. But if you were very, very hungry, and you had no way of obtaining money, it might be excusable to grab the painting, take it to your home, and eat it." - Lemony Snicket

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on April 06, 2013, 08:55:15 PM
"Stealing, of course, is a crime, and a very impolite thing to do. But like most impolite things, it is excusable under certain circumstances. Stealing is not excusable if, for instance, you are in a museum and you decide that a certain painting would look better in your house, and you simply grab the painting and take it there. But if you were very, very hungry, and you had no way of obtaining money, it might be excusable to grab the painting, take it to your home, and eat it." - Lemony Snicket
:rofl:

Quote from: Ultimo (Nobi) on April 06, 2013, 03:05:37 PM
My favorite quote... I hope this counts, it happened while I was playing a server awhile back before the gamespy shutdown:
Your Mom Killed Herself
(obviously, one player was "Your Mom", and the other was "Herself".)
:/

Hahaha oh wow  :rofl:
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

"Im going to put this in a folder marked secret. Everyone knows this js the best security"

"Having swbf fun is not illegal." - Mike, a cull night friend

{UCF}Ldr.Mike: "QUATES? I GOTS LOTS OF QUATES."  (He spells quote like 'quate')

"When i was 5, my mom told me the secret to life was happiness. When i want to school, that asked me what i wanted to be when i grow up, and i told them 'happy'. They told me i didnt understand the assigment. I told them they didnt understand life" - John Lennon.

April 12, 2013, 03:34:58 PM #43 Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 03:41:35 PM by -RepublicCommando-
{gli}lms.flabbin: NO!, GUYS THE SERVERS WENT DOWN!!!! D:D:D:
{gli}lms.flabbin: WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!....
{gli}Cpt.DeaDmAn: Alright alright, Everyone CLAM. DOWN...
{gli}lms.flabbin: CALM!?!? CALM?!?!
{gli}lms.flabbin: I AINT NO FREAKIN' OISTER!!
{snp}Owchy..: -facepalm-

edit:
[17:40] {212th}Rlr.Eternal'Chilli: lol ur name?
[17:40] TheTypingSkeleton: Hi
[17:40] TheTypingSkeleton: im the typing skeleton
[17:40] TheTypingSkeleton: I have no organs.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on April 12, 2013, 03:34:58 PM
[17:40] {212th}Rlr.Eternal'Chilli: lol ur name?
[17:40] TheTypingSkeleton: Hi
[17:40] TheTypingSkeleton: im the typing skeleton
[17:40] TheTypingSkeleton: I have no organs.
"here lies Skeleton boss. He didn't have the guts to fight." (on a fake gravestone)