what are everyone's favorite quotes?

Started by Ltin, April 02, 2013, 06:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
What are everyones favorite quotes?
They can be real or fictional.
mine: "...and while the law has many penalties for the atrocities we inflict on others, there are no punishments for the terrors we inflict on ourselves.
So you send your men. They wont find themselves a fight. They'll only find and old man. An old man tired, but satisfied that he did his duty. And old man weary from a mind more filled with memory, than it is with hope"

"A wizard?! Im harry, just harry!" -Harry Potter
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

"I believe in an absolute difference between animation and photography. However sophisticated your computer-generated imagery is, if it's been created from no physical elements and you haven't shot anything, it's going to feel like animation. There are usually two different goals in a visual effects movie. One is to fool the audience into seeing something seamless, and that's how I try to use it. The other is to impress the audience with the amount of money spent on the spectacle of the visual effect, and that, I have no interest in. We try to enhance our stunt work and floor effects with extraordinary CGI tools like wire and rig removals. If you put a lot of time and effort into matching your original film elements, the kind of enhancements you can put into the frames can really trick the eye, offering results far beyond what was possible 20 years ago. The problem for me is if you don't first shoot something with the camera on which to base the shot, the visual effect is going to stick out if the film you're making has a realistic style or patina. I prefer films that feel more like real life, so any CGI has to be very carefully handled to fit into that." - Christopher Nolan

"He Profits Most Who Serves Best" - Arthur Sheldon

''Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector."

"They don't think it be like it is but it do"

Wise words from a wise man.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

Quote from: Droideka on April 02, 2013, 08:33:24 PM
"They don't think it be like it is but it do"

Wise words from a wise man, Anyder.
Right droideka, ill try to tell u more later :) xD
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

Douglas Adams

``To be the best you have to beat the best´´ - Showtek
To be the Best, you have to beat the Best.

"I'm getting too old for this sort of thing." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

The whole song The Fighter by Gym Class Heroes and Ryan Tedder. but mainly this part:

"half the populations just waiting to see me fail, yeah right you're better off tryin to freeze hell
Some of us do it for the females, some of us do it for the retails
I do it for the kids life through the towel in on and every time you fall its just gonna make your chin strong"

Best. Song. Ever.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

"I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted."

― W.C. Fields

Quote from: UNIT 33 on April 03, 2013, 02:02:48 AM
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

Douglas Adams

"Its always fools that come up with the best ideas, because they are so absurd, that nobody thinks anyone will even try it." -me

Somebody once asked the Dalai Lama what surprises him most. This was his response:

❝Man, because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then he dies having never really lived.❞