Star Wars: First Assault, a Predecessor to SWBF3?

Started by Unit 33, March 11, 2013, 10:54:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Joseph on March 12, 2013, 03:44:35 PM
yeah, but better to be a rip of a good game than a rip of a bad/bland one
True, True...

If they were going to go to all the trouble of making a Star Wars shooter then why not make SWBFIII?

Why see if there is a market for Star Wars shooters when they know SWBFI and II were extremely successful!  :wall:

March 12, 2013, 03:51:36 PM #16 Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 12:03:30 AM by UNIT 33
"Fans should tell Disney/Lucas loud and clear they don't want  :censored:  titles from random developers; they want games to be taken seriously, and they will only pay for quality," the source said. "I believe that if Disney/Lucas lets LucasArts die, it means the death of Star Wars as a storied game franchise is right behind it."

I somewhat agree with this statment what I think is  if they let LA die,Star Wars as a whole will die.But thats already going to happen because Disney.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 12, 2013, 03:47:06 PM
True, True...

If they were going to go to all the trouble of making a Star Wars shooter then why not make SWBFIII?

Why see if there is a market for Star Wars shooters when they know SWBFI and II were extremely successful!  :wall:
But we have to remember BFII was released almost 10 years ago and alot has changed since then.
I'm not multi-clanning I just have lots of affiliates.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 12, 2013, 03:47:06 PM
True, True...

Because when you chuck millions of dollars at a project that fails and then when your other project in the same game series fails(SWBF Online). And the amount of money spent to make games is around ten million dollars a year, you do the math that much loss can't simply be recovered. A cash grab like SW:FA actually makes sense for them wanting to get the funds to reboot the SWBF series.

Yea, it does look like COD or battlefield. I hate those fish. I dont think im going to waste my money on this.

Why is everybody so against this who cares its a new star wars shooter its not this third person Force Unleased or 1313 crap. I can't wait until it comes out if it comes out I will buy it the day it is realeased.
I'm not multi-clanning I just have lots of affiliates.

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on March 13, 2013, 12:09:15 PM
HOLY  :censored:!!! THIS LOOKS  :censored: AMAZING!!!

Now I REALLY have a need for an Xbox 360! :o
^^ Too much iced tea? XD
Just kidding :P, yeah that looks pretty sweat.

March 13, 2013, 01:28:49 PM #24 Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 01:32:45 PM by tirpider
Useful shields.
That's what we need. Useful riot shields.
(sure, a grenade can bypass it, but still handy for advancing behavior.)

-edit
I won't buy a whole new console for it, but if it goes to PC and single player is decent, I'd concider upgrading my old pc.

If it becomes heavily moddable, then that's another story. It looks like a lot to play with in that vid. (did that guy just vaporize?)

March 13, 2013, 03:10:20 PM #26 Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 03:15:14 PM by «ΙΞ¢KØ»
That video basically looked like halo with a lil bit of cod [the riot sheild(sry nvr played battlefeild, so cant compare)].
the upgrades, the "spartian lazer", the decoy, etc.
Quote from: tirpider on March 13, 2013, 01:28:49 PM
That's what we need. Useful riot shields.

(did that guy just vaporize?)

not excided for riot shield
im guessing what happened was that decoy thing from halo (holographic representation of yourself to draw the enemies fire)

anyways, not impressed, and even a little disappointed by that video

~edit:
Quote from: UNIT 33 on March 13, 2013, 03:06:04 PM
Those look like distinctive classes to me.
thank god, there is some swbf element in this game
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

wtf, it honestly took me about 5 seconds of staring to tell that that screenshot 3 posts above me is from a star wars game and not some middle-east based anti-terrorist game.

Quote from: Joseph on March 13, 2013, 04:35:27 PM
wtf, it honestly took me about 5 seconds of staring to tell that that screenshot 3 posts above me is from a star wars game and not some middle-east based anti-terrorist game.
Thats the thing. There seems to be only one form of successful shooter to these companies, and that a heavally multiplayer based system with all the jazz and stuff.