HD TV+SWBF montages

Started by Kit Fisto, January 30, 2013, 06:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
If you have an HD TV and something that can stream YouTube videos (Apple TV etc.)  you have to do this. Go and play some SWBF montages ( Deagle, Simped ) It is super amazing! Just go to it! But make sure it's in HD. Well what are you waiting for!

Quote from: Kit Fisto on January 30, 2013, 06:45:16 PM
If you have an HD TV and something that can stream YouTube videos (Apple TV etc.)  you have to do this. Go and play some SWBF montages ( Deagle, Simped ) It is super amazing! Just go to it! But make sure it's in HD. Well what are you waiting for!

But my laptop has better resolution than my television...

January 30, 2013, 07:40:54 PM #2 Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 07:54:37 PM by Joseph
what options do I have if I don't have access to an HD TV?

Also, some users may live in nations where youtube is blocked. what then?

Quote from: BlackScorpion on January 30, 2013, 06:54:03 PM
But my laptop has better resolution than my television...
But your laptop isn't as big of a screen! With better speakers...

Quote from: Joseph on January 30, 2013, 07:40:54 PM
what options do I have if I don't have access to an HD TV?

Also, some users may live in nations where youtube is blocked. what then?
If you have an HD TV

So youtube is blocked. Why do you hate me? This was just for fun, a suggestion. Not a request. Unless you are the kind of person to do anything some guy on a forum tells you to do...

Quote from: Kit Fisto on January 30, 2013, 08:09:59 PM
But your laptop isn't as big of a screen! With better speakers...

So youtube is blocked. Why do you hate me? This was just for fun, a suggestion. Not a request. Unless you are the kind of person to do anything some guy on a forum tells you to do...

While it's true that my television has a larger screen, if I watch YouTube on my television (assuming I'm not exporting via HDMI), I'd be watching through my Xbox, in which case I would be using my headphones...

I don't hate you Kit, I'm just speaking up for the silent Chinese contingent on this board

January 30, 2013, 08:24:59 PM #6 Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 08:27:14 PM by aeria.
My PC is connected to my TV. My Mac is connected to my TV. No need for a console or a worthless Apple TV. I have watched gameplay and stuff on YouTube and it's OK in HD. YouTube tends to compress video quite a lot and it doesn't do well for video games.

There are games that actually render in HD and are far more prettier than SWBF. Trust me, I'm not stuck in 2004 anymore.
With that said, I need to start uploading those screenshots...
---------------

Keeping it real.

#TYBG

what I find astonishing is how terrible youtube's music quality is. They allow for 1080p uploads, but the maximum audio quality is 192kbps. (and that's for the HD videos, for lower quality it's even worse). I guess they're banking on people not caring or not having passable listening equipment.

Quote from: Joseph on January 30, 2013, 08:19:23 PM
I don't hate you Kit, I'm just speaking up for the silent Chinese contingent on this board
Oh yea I forgot about him.  :slap:

Apple TV is pretty cool and it renders the youtube video's in HD better than the computer would because Apple TV is putting up the resolution best for the TV it's connected to.

Well I was just saying watch SWBF because those are pretty cool vids. And I like what they do with freecamera etc.

Quote from: Joseph on January 30, 2013, 08:31:38 PM
what I find astonishing is how terrible youtube's music quality is. They allow for 1080p uploads, but the maximum audio quality is 192kbps. (and that's for the HD videos, for lower quality it's even worse). I guess they're banking on people not caring or not having passable listening equipment.
This is true.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on January 30, 2013, 08:32:36 PM
Oh yea I forgot about him.  :slap:

Apple TV is pretty cool and it renders the youtube video's in HD better than the computer would because Apple TV is putting up the resolution best for the TV it's connected to.

Nononono.

My computer displays on my HDTV in 1080p @ 60 Hz. Apple TV displays at 1080p. They're the SAME resolution. They look THE SAME.

I've used the Apple TV. It's great for computer illiterate people but for the rest, it's a really slow device that can only play a fraction of the available video formats out there. I can't pop in a USB drive full of .mkv anime. :(

-------------------

I know some audiophiles who hate YouTube audio so yes, it's true. However people who never really cared about audio (I have earphones that were from the dollar store), it does the job fine. Keep in mind that not everyone has high-speed internet. The bandwidth goes towards the visual quality than the audio.

#TYBG

I guess no one can stop you if you don't care about audio, but I think it's just as important as the visual component and it seems like a double standard to have such high resolution video capacity but only "low-resolution" audio

It's something that people can definitely be arguable, but I personally cannot hear the difference between 192 and 320, even with proper speakers. I guess some people have better hearing than others.

#TYBG

Quote from: aeria. on January 30, 2013, 08:42:09 PM
I've used the Apple TV. It's great for computer illiterate people but for the rest
Not true but whatever. Just to let you know before my family got the apple TV we hooked up our computers to the TV as you say you do now.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on January 30, 2013, 09:09:16 PM
Not true but whatever. Just to let you know before my family got the apple TV we hooked up our computers to the TV as you say you do now.

Apparently you didn't set the resolution on the television correctly. As for the Apple TV thing, just my opinion. I wouldn't buy one for myself but I guess people like it.

It would be nice for it to be more of an open system.

#TYBG

HD works for some clips but personally I sometimes prefer the original for a couple of montages :D