Rebel Force Radio

Started by Kit Fisto, February 01, 2013, 08:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 01, 2013, 08:16:21 PM Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 08:21:05 PM by Kit Fisto
To ANY & ALL Star Wars fans!
I just want to let you all know about a great Podcast called Rebel Force Radio. There are 2 really entertaining guys Jimmy Mac and Jason Swank who host the show every week. They talk about anything Star Wars. This includes a Weekly episode and a Clone Wars Declassified episode where they go in depth about the newest Clone Wars episodes! It is kid friendly, as in no bad words and they aren't childish either. They were the previous hosters of the ForceCast podcast.
I really encourage any Star Wars fan to check it out. No matter where you are from! They are really entertaining to listen to and I look forward to their new episodes every week. Click the link below and listen to their first episode and see how you like it! :)
The first episode is titled RebelForce Radio: January 19, 2013 - Premiere Episode.

REBEL FORCE RADIO

Sounds cool, but I don't listen to podcasts. I only have 27mb left on my ipod anyways.

You can listen to them on your computer! Just try it out!  :tu:

hehehe
Sounds neato , but no way am I putting iTunes back on my machine.
It's worse than Sony's SonicStage and all those ancient AOL clients.
I'll just have to assume it's as cool as you say it is. The episode descriptions sound like it would be a nice show.

Am I the only one who can listen to them straight of the internet? Do you guys have the play button when you move your mouse over an episode?
[spoiler][/spoiler]

No play button, but lots of offers to install iTunes.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quote from: tirpider on February 02, 2013, 08:13:03 AM
No play button, but lots of offers to install iTunes.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

... did you ... put your cursor over the link?
It requires QuickTime, not iTunes. :-P

Quote from: BlackScorpion on February 02, 2013, 08:58:19 AM
... did you ... put your cursor over the link?
It requires QuickTime, not iTunes. :-P
Thats what the screen shot was to indicate.
Windows does not capture the cursor proper but you can see by the darkened item in the picture that yes, indeed, I did hover my coursor over the item. (My ancient box can still manage to decypher the javascripted codes.)

I only mentioned iTunes because of the silly number of ways to install it from that page.  I assumed it was a requirement.

Quicktime you say. That's probably why.

[spoiler]I don't keep it or any other unneeded frameworks/background tasks/"plug-ins" installed.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not looking for troubleshooting advice here.. I'm a big boy and have been working with various flavors of computer for about 3 decades and am pretty confident in my decision to keep quicktime, iTunes, real audio (if that's even still around) or any version of winamp above 2.0 off my computer.

I begrudgingly alow flash to run selectively and have only kept Java around till I can write a replacement for my OO.org spreadsheets.

Having to install someones framework or background service just to listen to a show or watch a video or to buy music is way outside of my technology goals. I have other devices for all that and none of them require my pc.

Now that sites are adopting html5, I expect more and more of the web to become inaccessable to me as I also refuse to interact with google or firefox and don't have the ability to run ie9.  I won't miss much of it, it's all cats and advertisements anyway.

/end rant.... sorry about that. It's been a rough life.
[/spoiler]

I just came by to say it looks like a neato show and too bad I can't hear it.

It seems like I'm always involved in a derail , somehow. How many times have I appologized to you for that, Kit?

Quote from: tirpider on February 02, 2013, 10:01:43 AM

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not looking for troubleshooting advice here.

I understood (note: past tense) and wasn't offering any, especially because I don't much about the subject.

Quote from: tirpider on February 02, 2013, 10:01:43 AM
It seems like I'm always involved in a derail , somehow. How many times have I appologized to you for that, Kit?
That is quite Okay tirpider. You have done way to much for me for to get mad at you. :)

If any of you a Mobile Apple device you can download the podcast and subscribe to the podcast. I'm sorry not all of you can listen to it. When they launch their site they might make it so that you can listen to it from their.

Would it be possible to download from their website do you think?

Maybe when it launches. That is just until they finish making the website.
You can download any episode from itunes ( computer and mobile devices )