Who wants to ask if we can buy the name server for SWBF :)

Started by Led, November 08, 2012, 06:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
If you can figure out how Xfire does its "join from xfire" portion....especially if it allows you to join servers you've bookmarked then likely a script could be made to join any server thats set up....if we can figure that out.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Hmm, It always starts loading for about 11 seconds, then says cannot connect to host.

Kinda' funny that Xfire can read servers list, but Battlefront can't...  Maybe that can help us solve the problem.
Any suggestions?

Edit:: Oh, didn't see the next page :P
Edit#2:  Yeah maybe we could search the DLL files of Xfire, and see how it does it?

Quote from: Hardcore on November 09, 2012, 01:53:41 PM
If you can figure out how Xfire does its "join from xfire" portion....especially if it allows you to join servers you've bookmarked then likely a script could be made to join any server thats set up....if we can figure that out.
Xfire join does not for internet servers when the master server is down.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: RepublicCommando on November 09, 2012, 03:10:57 PM
Hmm, It always starts loading for about 11 seconds, then says cannot connect to host.

Kinda' funny that Xfire can read servers list, but Battlefront can't...  Maybe that can help us solve the problem.
Any suggestions?

Edit:: Oh, didn't see the next page :P
Edit#2:  Yeah maybe we could search the DLL files of Xfire, and see how it does it?

There is a port query for the players, just like gametracker uses to show the players and map on the front page.  Most PLA servers are still up, it is just that no one can join them since the master server does not process the request.  Direct Connection servers do not work either.  Our only option when the master server is down is to use LAN option on a virtual lan, i.e. tunngle or gameranger.

Ah well would have been nice if xfire allowed for a backdoor into the servers.

Still this DC being connected to the masterserver is strange to me guess its just the way the process it.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Quote from: Hardcore on November 09, 2012, 04:56:19 PM
Ah well would have been nice if xfire allowed for a backdoor into the servers.

Still this DC being connected to the masterserver is strange to me guess its just the way the process it.

Yes, I was extremely surprised by this. 

A bit odd why lucas arts didn't make at least 1 way for people to play, without their Main server's support... MOST games do that. (other than Lan line that is)

I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Just out of curiosity who owns/hosts the swbf2 servers? Or are they owned by GLU also? Whoever has those servers up may be willing to host a SWBF1 master server, assuming they are owned by another company besides GLU/Gamspy.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Quote from: {212} =-Norris-= on November 13, 2012, 10:56:48 AM
Just out of curiosity who owns/hosts the swbf2 servers? Or are they owned by GLU also? Whoever has those servers up may be willing to host a SWBF1 master server, assuming they are owned by another company besides GLU/Gamspy.

Same company.  It's even the same computer.  Different port.  They will be next to go, in about 2 years, I predict.

Still it's a bite in the butt that if we even want to buy the master server we need to pay the publisher $30,000 for it. Like gdh said on the "Gamespydev response" post.

HEY! We have 1400 members. If every member pays 5.00$ a month, we could pay for the server very very quickly.

Here are other ideas for getting money:

1. Make people pay a specific amount of money to be in a tournament.
2. Have people pay money to become a clan member.
3. Make people pay to get the codes to some servers.
4. Make people pay to download mods.
5. Have a page on this site where we can donate.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

November 13, 2012, 02:04:20 PM #58 Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 02:07:48 PM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Quote from: Josh on November 13, 2012, 02:00:28 PM
HEY! We have 1400 members. If every member pays 5.00$ a month, we could pay for the server very very quickly.

Here are other ideas for getting money:

1. Make people pay a specific amount of money to be in a tournament.
2. Have people pay money to become a clan member.
3. Make people pay to get the codes to some servers.
4. Make people pay to download mods.
5. Have a page on this site where we can donate.                                                                                                                 

Your forgetting not all 1400 members are active here, and some don't even have a means of contacting them, other than just their profiles. Infact some of these members don't even come to the site anymore.

Also, I think your best bet is either donate, or money to be in a tournament, the other 3 options would turn people away, and we would most likely get negative feedback from that.