Can't See Server or load Gamespy?

Started by {212th} Ldr. Norris, November 07, 2012, 01:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

To host them you do. Joining though you don't. Pretty straight forward really if you know your router.

Online play better come back, or this game is worthless to me. Luckily I only bought this game for a dollar at goodwill.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

my friend did the port forward thing and i still cant join...

If swbf online gameplay has ended we need to post to whoever can make the servers come back that we need the servers back, give us the servers!

Quote from: Josh on November 07, 2012, 05:30:17 PM
If swbf online gameplay has ended we need to post to whoever can make the servers come back that we need the servers back, give us the servers!
this happens multiple times every year, why do you think swbf online gameplay has ended?

It's Battlefrontgedon, get to the bunkas!!!

November 07, 2012, 05:34:35 PM #38 Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 05:48:06 PM by Josh

Quote from: Joseph on November 07, 2012, 05:31:01 PM
this happens multiple times every year, why do you think swbf online gameplay has ended?
Well, this for me is the first time this has happened, and star wars galaxies is about as old as this game and they ended its servers.

Quote from: Josh on November 07, 2012, 05:34:35 PM
Well, this for me is the first time this has happened, and star wars universe is about as old as this game and they ended its servers.
So it wouldn't compete with Star Wars: the Old Republic. But there would an post somewhere as to the servers going offline if this was support being terminated.

November 07, 2012, 05:38:46 PM #40 Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 05:47:38 PM by Josh
No, star wars galaxies went off december 11, 2011, long after old republic came along I think.

Trust me I read up on this I know what I am talking about. You clearly don't it is Star Wars: Galaxies anyway.

Yes, everyone stay calm, and I will host a DC cloud city server :)

This has not happened in about a year, but this does happen.  Don't get too worried, it will be back.  There are plenty of older games still hosted by gamespy.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Actually i never played it, i bought it recently at goodwill. i went to lucas arts.com looked at other games saw a post on the end of galaxies and someone said the server where gone, but also I bought glaxies to sell since it was selling for 30.00 on Ebay.

Same thing happens with the ps2 version.

When it goes down, everyone assumes it's dead, then a while later, they are back up.

Quote from: Buckler on November 07, 2012, 05:43:25 PM
Yes, everyone stay calm, and I will host a DC cloud city server :)

This has not happened in about a year, but this does happen.  Don't get too worried, it will be back.  There are plenty of older games still hosted by gamespy.

:) awesome.