Can't See Server or load Gamespy?

Started by {212th} Ldr. Norris, November 07, 2012, 01:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Wow. After setting doing ALL OF THAT with the SWBF PC port this happens!!!!  :rant: :rant: :rant:
So... Is it official? Or what...
Is VLAN or DC our next option?
[spoiler]DC,DC,DC,DC... :D[/spoiler]

Quote from: SleepKiller on November 07, 2012, 04:25:37 PM

Trololololololololololol
AND how horrible of you to say that!

Serious Post This Time

Guys being done for a day doesn't spell the end of the world. Well in this case SWBF. Keep calm and play another game. Give it a bit and see where it is at then.

Also please note V-LAN should be a last resort world ending apocalyptic no other way to play solution. We're much better off sticking to direct connection. V-LAN adds additional latency to a connection, which I would rather not have. Hardly anyone knows how to use V-LAN and although simple really it would be simpler to use direct connections still. A lot more people have already done a direct connection and know how.

Either way ultimately without the master server SWBF is screwed.

PS. I blame Kit Fisto, this didn't happen before he was playing on PC servers...

It's absolutely not official, unless I missed something there's no reason to believe that this failure is any different from the many other (temporary) ones over the last few years.

Worth noting that RepCom (also gamespy) is working fine

November 07, 2012, 04:59:18 PM #18 Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 05:03:09 PM by Josh
Hope servers came back, I made good friends in this game and I would be horrified if online play ended. Hers an idea, if online is forever gone, buy swbf2 so everyone who is not in swbf gamers can keep in touch!

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: SleepKiller on November 07, 2012, 04:56:07 PM
Serious Post This Time

PS. I blame Kit Fisto, this didn't happen before he was playing on PC servers...
Lol. I blame SK because he killed the servers sleep and then the servers died from lack of sleep.  :XD:

Did SWBFII's servers go down as well?

This is.   :censored:
This cannot be happening, DCs, this sucks. OMG I hope this gets fixed.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Oh! I thought that every Gamespy game's server went down!  :slap: Well guys just wait it out, play SinglePlayer on hard and get your :censored: ss kicked by AI. It's just a matter of time till its back up.

The master server application has probably just crashed and they haven't noticed it yet. I'm sure it will get rebooted soon enough. Keep Calm and Play SWBFII in the meanwhile folks.

Quote from: SleepKiller on November 07, 2012, 05:03:49 PM
...Play SWBFII in the meanwhile folks.
More bad words! Someone censor this guy!
If it never goes back up isn't there always GameRanger?

Quote from: {Alpha}Pvt.Neon{AK} on November 07, 2012, 05:02:55 PM
wats dc? :dry:

Direct Connection

It allows you to enter the IP of the server you want to connect to.

i tryed dc but no one can join mine and i cant join any  :slap:ones.

You have to port forward to play DC, it's pretty complicated and you need full acess to your computer.