Disney Buys Lucas Film, Episode 7 in 2015.

Started by Unit 33, October 30, 2012, 01:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
You heard it folks, this could either go horribly wrong or pretty good. Turned out well for Marvel right?

QuoteDisney, which already owns brands such as Pixar, Marvel, ESPN and ABC, announced it is paying $4.05bn for the production company.

It confirmed it is making Star Wars Episode 7, which is scheduled to be released in 2015.

Kathleen Kennedy, the current co-chairman of Lucasfilm, will become its president and will report to Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn.

Lucas will be creative consultant on new Star Wars films.

"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers," he said after the deal was announced.

http://news.sky.com/story/1004857/disney-buys-lucasfilm-and-plans-new-star-wars

The big "B" huh? well then Disney... Lets see what you got.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

It's not April Fools yet....
I was hoping for star wars to go a bit 'grittier' not this but I'll remain optimistic.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

October 30, 2012, 02:05:28 PM #3 Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 02:10:39 PM by tirpider
Yeah...
I don't think this bodes well for Star Wars.
But how much worse can it possibly get?

-edit
Good for Mr Lucas, though.
He made an amazing thing and deserves the tremendous payout.

I'm just not comfortable with Disney(or anyone) putting together the Galaxy after Endor.

Quote from: tirpider on October 30, 2012, 02:05:28 PM
Yeah...
I don't think this bodes well for Star Wars.
But how much worse can it possibly get?

-edit
Good for Mr Lucas, though.
He made an amazing thing and deserves the tremendous payout.

I'm just not comfortable with Disney(or anyone) putting together the Galaxy after Endor.
Considering what the expanded Universe actually looks like I do not look forward to film adaptions of that material.

Here's some wacky things that happened in the novels, comics etc that took place after Endor:

.The Emperor Was Cloned
.Luke Was Never The Last Of The Jedi (turns out there was bloody loads of them all over the gaff)
.Luke Turns to the Dark Side
.Boba Fett escapes the Salaac Pit multiple times
.Chewbacca gets killed attempting to physically hold a moon up from a planet........
.Magic
.Yuuzhan Vong

If I see mouse ears on anything or hear one song... I'll puke and walk out.

Quote from: tirpider on October 30, 2012, 02:30:25 PM
If I see mouse ears on anything or hear one song... I'll puke and walk out.
lololol
i have to admit im sorta worried about this movie too. I have heard a lot of "after endor" stories too, and several dont sound to promiseing. Also when is this move taking place? are they going to be using the same characters left off in E6?
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

Quote from: «ΙΞ¢KØ» on October 30, 2012, 02:42:40 PM
lololol
i have to admit im sorta worried about this movie too. I have heard a lot of "after endor" stories too, and several dont sound to promiseing. Also when is this move taking place? are they going to be using the same characters left off in E6?

I wonder if they'll stick to the timeline from the books (I hope so, they're good :)). I had to laugh just now when my brother came in and said; 'have you heard the Star Wars news?' followed by 'is it a joke?'
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

horrible news, although honestly they cant do worse than the prequels

Quote from: Joseph on October 30, 2012, 03:12:03 PM

So right about that.

He looks so sad....

LOL! I hope they can just work around what they ussuly do and make something at least Okay Intresting i didnt know that disney would even try dabiling with guns  ::)

Quote from: tirpider on October 30, 2012, 03:15:16 PM

He looks so sad....

Hah! So true! Can't get much worse then what Lucas Industries is making these days any way.

Just wrong, just terrible. At least set the canon right please no Resurected Emperor. I mean come on that completely screws over the movies. They screwed up with what they let be called canon with the books and everything.

Quote from: Joseph on October 30, 2012, 03:12:03 PM
You know the odds are they are about to prove you wrong sadly.

Wow!!! :o It should be even more fun, then Adventures of the Ewoks! :D
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf: