SWBF violence?

Started by Black Water, September 30, 2012, 06:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: tirpider on October 27, 2012, 07:33:30 PM
heh, well I was thinking more along the lines of "Candy Lane" and "Snakes and Ladders" type race games.
Awww YEA!!!! Those games... Those games... :happy: :D :shrug:

October 27, 2012, 07:45:08 PM #91 Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 08:15:37 PM by Josh
Yeah, Im a HUGE auto racing buff ( mainly NASCAR) But just last year a man, 2 time indy 500 winner Dan Wheldon was killed in a HORRIBLE wreck  :'(. Please, any editor could you show a picture here of the wreck, I do not know how to put them here, thanks.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

if u think swbf or legos are violent do some historical research on the middle ages and inquisition...

Quote from: tirpider on October 27, 2012, 07:33:30 PMThere is more reality to those sorts of activities than what is presented on the screen, reality that could only be learned via hands on training.

This may not be the true for to long

Quote from: Josh on October 27, 2012, 06:31:58 PM

You gotta be kidding me, lego games are fine. No violence whatsoever. Army men toys cause more violence. I have rollercoaster games where coasters crash and people die( it is fun to do it on purpose) and its rated E!
Your backing up your statement with nothing, I myself have played Lego Star Wars episodes 1-3 and Droids shoot you.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

October 28, 2012, 05:48:28 AM #95 Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 06:13:01 AM by Josh
Droids that shoot BRICKS! Thats like saying "shooting rubber bands at toy army men is a violent activity."

Quote from: Josh on October 28, 2012, 05:48:28 AM
Droids that shoot BRICKS! Thats like saying "shooting rubber bands at toy army men is a violent activity."
None the less its
VIOLENCE
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

If thats violence, my cat is a mass murderer.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on October 27, 2012, 05:56:11 PM
Hahaha, Lego games are rated E. For EVERYONE. LOL.  :rofl:
If I remember right there was actaully some controversy when LEGO got the star wars licence as it was the first time lego people used guns.
Quote from: Josh on October 27, 2012, 07:45:08 PM
Yeah, Im a HUGE auto racing buff ( mainly NASCAR) But just last year a man, 2 time indy 500 winner Dan Wheldon was killed in a HORRIBLE wreck  :'(. Please, any editor could you show a picture here of the wreck, I do not know how to put them here, thanks.
I'm a big F1 fan and for the most part enjoy crashes as part of the risk of the sport which I don't think is a bad thing as otherwise there is no limit to push but I saw the pile up/fire that killed Dan Wheldon and don't want to see it again.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I didn't watch it live but I remember my mom flicking through channels when it came to fox news and it had the annoncement about it. I was completely dumbfounded and then my mom looked up the crash on the internet and I was horrified. The wreck was so bad it looked as if more could have easily died. The wreck in my opinion was indy cars fault because they where racing extremely fast cars on a nascar track on the final race of the season, very bad combination.

Quote from: Phobos on October 27, 2012, 08:40:33 PM
if u think swbf or legos are violent do some historical research on the middle ages and inquisition...
As Phobos is getting at, a quick glance at history shows us how horrifically violent and cruel humanity is given the chance...
You wouldn't even have to look as far back as the Middle ages considering the amount of blood shed that occurred in the last 100 years [First World War and the Second World War].

Video games won't make you violent, but your humanity will!
(But don't despair we also do some nice things too).

The problem is glorification of violence. Presenting violence is OK, it happens and you shouldn't hide it from [mature] people.
Glorifying violence makes it look great and shows that there are no downsides to it (lying), this is what SWBF does to an extent, the violence is clean and victimless...

BUT I reckon that majority of people who play video games are mentally and emotionally mature enough to know violence is generally a bad thing, sure it might be "required" for stuff but avoiding it is also a good idea. 

This is why age ratings are important! Immature young kids might play something intensely violent and think it's acceptable behaviour.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on October 26, 2012, 06:23:10 AM
Just don't tell him about mods/maps or else he will be addicted. Like me...  :XD:
"true dat"
interesting discussion overall though
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me