SWBF violence?

Started by Black Water, September 30, 2012, 06:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 24, 2012, 06:41:54 PM #30 Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 05:38:50 AM by Josh
 The question should not be,"Am I going to kill people after the playing this game" it should be, "Is it bad for me to enjoy killing?"

I think this is a good game and I would let my kid (if I had one) play it. I do agree the respon is like paintball and half of the game is droids and clones. And this is the only war game I am allowed to play. I can play games with aircraft and such becouse its not direct killing. I don't believe the charactors are models of people(more like aliens) so my parants let me play it.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

i think its more of a 'am i becoming desensitized to killing?'
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

Hunting, chasing, and killing instinct - the lagacy from our ancient ancestors. It help them survive in a milleniums, and sitting deep inside each boy or man till today. In modern society, it almost no needed (if you are not military, police, etc), so we have to keep it in "sleep mode". But sometimes, we need to "let steam out", in sport or games, or some day, we realy may explode, and start killing people.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

October 25, 2012, 05:10:58 PM #33 Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 05:12:43 PM by Josh
I don't believe COD is a good game(but thats for your parents or you to decide) but I believe the human life is most important and I don't believe that shooting representations of people is good, I believe that the charactors in the game are not representations of people but of aliens like things. And iecko you raise a good point, I believe both the questions raise a good point.

the battlefront characters (except cis and wookies) are representations of people, so you are being inconsistent unless you only play as republic (or empire and only shoot wookies).

Well, even if lucas arts tried to make them representations of people they, to me are not. I don't believe they are for reasons below.

A. the force. I believe this makes them aliens.
B. I don't believe in aliens.

how does the force just automatically make them aliens

Well i dont think its bad if the people you are shoothing have weapons, if the were gunless... o.O

October 25, 2012, 06:21:08 PM #38 Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 06:23:09 PM by Josh
Quote from: Kishan on October 25, 2012, 06:16:02 PM
how does the force just automatically make them aliens

Have you ever went to town and saw someone holding a lightsaber and battling someone else and magically making them float in the air, if you have that would be awesome!!!!!

Quote from: Joseph on October 25, 2012, 06:04:16 PM
the battlefront characters (except cis and wookies) are representations of people, so you are being inconsistent unless you only play as republic (or empire and only shoot wookies).

When I first played single player, I would only play as clones vs CIS because I did not like shooting human looking players.   I had to get over it when I started MP.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

October 25, 2012, 06:26:03 PM #40 Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 06:31:25 PM by Josh
See!!!! Buckler said "looking" not actual!!!

Guys, if you don't like shooting people looking characters then you wouldn't like any movie where people die in it. So you are ALL inconsistent!!!!  :cheer:
It's a Star Wars game...
You could have the same exact argument about Lego Star Wars!!! :rofl:

No actually we could not about lego star wars be cause THOSE ARE DEFINATELY LEGOS! and the difference between watching the game and playing it are...

A. I believe it is wrong to enjoy killing people, I am not in the movie nor is Luke skywalker enjoying killing!
  B. See above.

By the way love the video kit  :P

And sometimes my parents get worried cus i laugh while im playing, mostly on xfire ppl tell jokes :D , or i get a funny kill like mine throwing or an air shot :p

My parents don't get worried when I laugh because they know I tell\ hear jokes.