SWBF violence?

Started by Black Water, September 30, 2012, 06:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Lol, yes i am 15, but my parents still won't get off  my back, they say "why are bodies flying around"?  :rofl:    I do not think it is violent like other games...but my parents still yell at me everytime i play  :whip:

Okay for the coffin-nailing verdict, here's what it says on the box (at least on my Euro one)

Somebody was payed money for that certificate therefore I trust them.

Star Wars Battlefront is a violent game.

Quote from: SleepKiller on October 01, 2012, 12:58:54 PM
My two cents, none of us are actually qualified to discuss on the matter. Unless one of you just happens to have a degree in psychology?
lol

Quote from: BlackScorpion on October 01, 2012, 01:18:07 PM
Because we all know that experts in a given field all widely agree on every subject.  /s

With that said, you do have a point... but to extrapolate from that point, unless Mart's parents have a degree in psychology, they're not qualified (to render an opinion concerning the aggregate).
While true never the less they are his parents.  They have aright to decide what media he is aloud access to at what age.

I think parents would have the best say in this matter, although I don't know if anyone is a parent here?

Yea my parents did'nt have a computer...they see in the news like example , James Holmes, and they get freaked out and that is when they let me play way less, they think he was driven by viedo games i guess, also i told them that there is no blood but they are stubborn :( , i guess i am too :D

October 02, 2012, 04:19:15 AM #21 Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 06:27:00 AM by Darth Verik
Well i'm 18 now and if i where a parent, i'd say no to SWBF, or any other game. This is mostly because of my own experience.
This is because of a couple of reasons. Firstly i was a game addict myself and it ruined the start of my educational life. I never learned for a test, or made large paper about something, because i wanted to game! (i came true my first school with mere C's or 6/10s, except English which was an A+)
Secondly my social life became ruined, i never had spare time to go to a party because of the games i was downloading and playing (and i was a kindoff egoist), it was quite fun at the time. But now i realize, because of gaming i got a hole in my life. I'm wondering what i have done in those years, have i gotten somewhere?
It has been quite a challenge to recover my social life and educational grades and diploma's.
So thats why I say no, because the time you spend time on that game, you could have read a dozen of books. Learned a lot of pages for school. Have partied a lot (get a social network) or have made a terrific good story (like the auteur of the eragon series). Things you can do something with in your life!

But on the other hand, i understand why you want to play a game, it's fun, it passes the time. You make a lot of friends (online). You read news, so your up to date (with game news).
It gives you creativeness, because you re-live a world of action, fantasy, loyalty, joy and friendship. And for a Dutch guy it learns you the ability to be better in English then others.

But in the end, it's not my choice to make, nor your parents! Its your choice, and with that choice you'll live the rest of your life.
It has become your past. Will it be your future as well?

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

Wow.....Asside from that being a long read :blink: you are right except that his parents should get off his back a bit so that he can play but if they are still bothering him enough that his time is limited (like my mom  :XD:) so he doesnt "Ruin his education and social life" he should be fine. Also i love to game my parents hate it my mom cries sometimes because she thinks i game to much, but i have good grades and I have lots of freinds so i dont think it affects me too much :P then again Mart isnt me.....

Uhm, as i say it from my point of view, i'd say his parents should continue running behind KitFisto's back. I believe it to be the only way to get Kit off his computer.
My parents + brother, made me get off my computer by confiscating my computers (both!). The room looked black and empty at the time, but since then i've changed more then you could possibly imagine.
Therefor i am grateful to my parents and brother that they did such a thing.

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

Quote from: SleepKiller on October 01, 2012, 12:58:54 PM
My two cents, none of us are actually qualified to discuss on the matter. Unless one of you just happens to have a degree in psychology?

Actually, im working on my  forth year in earning that degree. From what i remember, there might have been a correlation, but no proven causation. Ill look over my notes and give you some good stuff to tell your parents, lol.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

Hmm.  I have 2 kids. 10 and 7. and don't have a degree in psychology The girl (10)  I don't have to worry.   The boy, yeah I have to limit the game play.  He's really smart and I'm convinced He wanted to learn to read because of toontown  :P

I was into other stuff as a teen, music, girls, partying.  Didn't get into video games till latter in life (post kids).  I cant particularly say it was better or not.  All I can say is too much of anything is a bad thing...and, Violent people make other violent people.....not video games.

I'm (Age 13-17), and my Mom would let me play a CoD game of all things if "I could handle it"... Theoretically. Haven't tried asking her yet.  :dry:

I, on the other hand, am the anal one when it comes to ESRB ratings. I didn't even play smash bros until 13. There goes any Nostalgia for that game.  :moo:

Speaking of Nostalgia, I remember an old quote by someone. It was hilarious and made a point.

QuoteIf you say Violence is bad over and over again, it doesn't make us less violent, IT MAKES US MORE VIOLENT!  :rant:

but seriously, play as Clones. it's the least violent team. It may represent a bad time for Star Wars, but the parents don't know that
Current reason I get mad in video games: I hate dying in video games.

You can blame Sonic the Hedgehog and his insistence on using a life count for that

I haven't really seen any true violence in Battlefront.

The blaster play, but it's more like paintball as you respawn again and agin till the match is over.

I suppose the rancor eating a unit is a little graphic.

Compared to most media (TV, other games, movies, music videos) SWBF 1 and 2 are pretty tame.

My parents won't let me play paintball  :mellow:

Quote from: Darth Verik on October 02, 2012, 05:01:23 AM
My parents + brother, made me get off my computer by confiscating my computers (both!). The room looked black and empty at the time, but since then i've changed more then you could possibly imagine.
Therefor i am grateful to my parents and brother that they did such a thing.

Meh. We never bothered trying to get my brother off the computer and he now runs an internet developing company.