Gameranger and SWBF mac

Started by Kit Fisto, September 24, 2012, 09:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Great! Nice to see I have some support! Look this Saturday night Pacific time for a GR game.
And Mr. Banthafodder, post in the GR forums under Mac support to see if anyone can help you...  :cheers:

Problem. Here is the short version:
I host a game using 1 computer, my little brother tries to join using another computer ( both using the same CD ) and when he tries to join my game it says he has a bad CD key. Why is this? It works when I host, but when I try to join it doesn't work!  :rant:

Two people with the same CD key can't join the same online game. At least I do believe that is how it works.

September 28, 2012, 07:00:18 PM #33 Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 08:39:41 PM by Kit Fisto
aww. Is there a way to change the CD key on one of my computers? But retain the disk?

closed down the server. I had fun SchTick!

Alright. Here is the plan.

Tomorrow ( Saturday the 29th ) we will have a gameranger game. Anyone who can come please come. The game will start at around 5pm pacific time to when ever everyone leaves! :P
If you are coming please post so I know that people are coming. Also please have Jabba's Palace in your addon folder. Please try to come for a little bit! It will be all standard maps.
:cheers:

Quote from: Mr. Banthafodder on September 28, 2012, 08:05:28 AM
I've tried it, but without succes.
This is by the way the window that opens when I try to load gameranger:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

But the previous times when this problem occured, I just had to wait until the next update.
Then it worked again for about three weeks, so I will tell you when it works.
I will then be able to help to keep the online swbf1 mac community alive  :P .
Ok I just had the exact same screen thing come up when my internet was going in and out. Try to make sure your internet is good. Get back to me to see if it works then...

I can open my internet browser, but still it doesn't work, so just forget about me kit.
I'm sure the problem will solve itself again :happy: .

I hope a bunch of other macs will join your mac GR event tonight  :tu: .

Quote from: Kit Fisto on September 28, 2012, 07:00:18 PM
aww. Is there a way to change the CD key on one of my computers? But retain the disk?

Buy another copy of the game.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

September 29, 2012, 02:32:48 AM #39 Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 02:34:38 AM by Buckler
or in the US on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Star-Wars-Battlefront-Mac-Mac-/101654883?_refkw=battlefront+mac&_pcatid=2&_pcategid=139973&_from=R40&_dmpt=Video_Games_Games

or maybe, just maybe, a PC game code would work.  You can buy the PC version still, and it is about $8 at the moment, although I have seen it for $3
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Buckler on September 29, 2012, 02:32:48 AM
or in the US on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Star-Wars-Battlefront-Mac-Mac-/101654883?_refkw=battlefront+mac&_pcatid=2&_pcategid=139973&_from=R40&_dmpt=Video_Games_Games

or maybe, just maybe, a PC game code would work.  You can buy the PC version still, and it is about $8 at the moment, although I have seen it for $3
I bought my PC copy for £1($1.6).

SWBF MAC copy's are expensive if you want a good quality disk. Mine cost $50!!

So is anyone going to join? :(

What time are you thinking today, or did it already pass?

Originally joined SWBFMac.com in 2006. You'll see me around from time to time.

today ( Saturday the 29th ) we will have a gameranger game. Anyone who can come please come. The game will start at around 5pm pacific time to when ever everyone leaves! :P
If you are coming please post so I know that people are coming. Also please have Jabba's Palace in your addon folder. Please try to come for a little bit! It will be all standard maps.
:cheers:

Glad to have you aboard!

Looks like the ping at my apartment is too low over WiFi. I will look into the possibilities of getting my switch up and running over the next couple weeks so that I can get the Mac Pro wired internet.

Originally joined SWBFMac.com in 2006. You'll see me around from time to time.