Swbf online disabled?

Started by Syyy, July 26, 2012, 02:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Seems that we can't connect to internet on the game, does somebody else have the same thing happening?
Screen freezes when I use internet connection.
Other people i spoke with does not see any servers up.

I have servers up. You aren't behind any firewall are you?

Nope, it seems that I can see them back again, problem solved.
Was a bit afraid because it was happening to 3 other guys.
By the way, I heard once that LucasArts could stop supporting multiplayer mode someday. Is that true?

Yes LucasArts reserves the right to terminate multiplayer support at any time with no notice.

July 26, 2012, 02:29:11 AM #4 Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 02:38:41 AM by Buckler
Sometimes  the Gamespy "Master Query Server" goes down.  A couple of years ago it was down for 3-4 days.  We all thought it was the end  ;)  but it wasn't.  Older games than SWBF are still up and running through Gamespy.  The time may come for SWBF to end, but I think the time is still far away.

If the server list goes down, check here (as you did) and we will figure out what happened.  We are already testing ways to still play SWBF if this does happen. (One way is by direct connection, and another is by phobos LAN connection method.)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I would personally vote Direct Connection. (You would just need a way to 'ping' the servers for info.) VPN's tend to add to your ping and with a game as old as SWBF that is bad.

We could use Game ranger they support SWBF1 and SWBF2