Which is better Star Wars Episode I,II, or III

Episode I The Phantom Menace
4 (16%)
Episode II Attack of the Clones
8 (32%)
Episode III Revenge of the Sith
13 (52%)

Total Members Voted: 25

I was gonna do all 6 films but then it would have taken you days to answer!  ;) I'll do IV-VI later.
Why do you like what you chose? Is it the battle scenes? Story arc? Characters?

Episode 1 because it has the most diverse aliens very cool.

Omgggggg....i bet you cant even tell who's the leading
Character in episode 1...

Anyways ill go for episode 3...because of the awesome quotes and starting battles between clones and jedis

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

They all suck. I refuse to vote for any of them.

Am I the only one who likes episode II? :o I'll tell you why thats the best one! It is a small conflict that builds up to a giant battle at the end. This is the first time you see more than 3 lightsaber wielders fighting at the same time, connections to the originals: they introduce the clone army which forshadows the stormtroopers, you get to see Jango Fett, Boba Fett's father and you get to see Boba Fett as a kid, you see Owen and Beru young, you see why Obi-Wan hates flying ;), and you see Anakin embrace his anger for the first time, And the movie has better more focused action scenes in my opinion than 1 or 3. The best reason of all: it shows Kit Fisto and he fights like a beast! Kills C3-P0 ( well not really ) and smiles while doing it! :cheer: That is why Attack of the Clones is better than the others. Episode 1 is annoying because of Anakin as a kid and 3 is too dark. I still like them but I prefer to watch 2 over the others. ;)

June 11, 2012, 07:18:13 AM #5 Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 07:45:12 AM by Unit 33
WARNING:

Don't take my distaste of the prequels personally, I once wrote an essay on the subject for an English Literature assignment.

Quote from: kitfisto15678 on June 11, 2012, 06:27:32 AM
I'll tell you why thats the best one! It is a small conflict that builds up to a giant battle at the end.
This is the first time you see more than 3 lightsaber wielders fighting at the same time,
More doesn't always equal better.

connections to the originals: they introduce the clone army which forshadows the stormtroopers,
you get to see Jango Fett, Boba Fett's father and you get to see Boba Fett as a kid,
And the movie has better more focused action scenes in my opinion than 1 or 3.
The best reason of all: it shows Kit Fisto and he fights like a beast! Kills C3-P0 ( well not really ) and smiles while doing it! :cheer: That is why Attack of the Clones is better than the others.
The large action scenes is quite rubbish in all 3 because the viewer is completely disconnected to the Clones and Droids.
Both armies are faceless and their "deaths" don't matter; when one dies they are just replaced by another.

At least you care about the Rebels in the originals, because their "real" people fighting against oppression, and the Imperials are desperately trying to hold onto power.
The Clones and Droids only fight because they're programmed to, they have no personal politics, no dreams or aspirations.

And the fact that Kitfisto is a far better character than many of the primary characters in the film is a testament to how bad the main characters are.

And we still don't know who the protagonist is (It keeps blurring between Obi Wan and Anakin).

3 is too dark. I still like them but I prefer to watch 2 over the others. ;)
Yes I agree. It is flawed in that the "darker bits" come as a surprise to the viewer... there should have been a better flow of atmosphere.
Especially when you have the cartoon humour of R2D2 (etc) in one scene, and in the next scene Anakin is beheading a defenceless old man.

1 is too um....boring....2 has good parts...3 is too dark, but has good ending scenes and you get to see clones in action. Unit does have some very strong points though.

June 11, 2012, 08:05:31 AM #7 Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 08:34:55 AM by BlackScorpion
Toss up between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith, which I handed to Attack of the Clones.

Quote from: Unit 33 on June 11, 2012, 07:18:13 AM

And we still don't know who the protagonist is (It keeps blurring between Obi Wan and Anakin).

You say this like it's, in and of itself, a bad thing.

i totally agree with kitfisto15678

i ADORE the second movie because of three things;

1) there is a HUGE battle between droids and clones
2)you get to see jedis slaughtering the droids
3) my favorite part of the whole star wars movie; the fight between yoda and count dooku, thats just AWESOME

here a vid:

@ unit 33: I understand what you mean by faceless, and deaths don't matter but they changed that with the clone wars TV show still showing. If you haven't watched it it brings more personality to the clones and you are actually sad when certain ones die. I was just joking around about the kit fisto part and I think the originals are far better than the prequels, that is not debatable.  :tu:
@ BlackScorpion: I don't think it is a bad thing I just think that George Lucas wanted both characters to be protagonists on an equal scale. My opinion.
@ Marcus: I need to hang out with you more! I completely agree with every word you said. :)

Quote from: kitfisto15678 on June 11, 2012, 08:48:48 AM
@ Marcus: I need to hang out with you more! I completely agree with every word you said. :)

i also have a mod idea;

why don't we make a darth yoda mod^^

I actually liked the prequels although there are quite a few hilariously bad bits. I would have to chose Revenge of the Sith overall because of the fight/battle scenes, the variety of planets and species and they way it tied tha saga together. Saying that I liked the parts in 1 and 2 where we got to see more of the day to day life in the Star Wars universe especially in number 1 where the sets actually existed as opposed to being a box and a green screen. Hopefully we can see more of that in the (underworld?) tv series if it gets made.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: MARCUS on June 11, 2012, 09:12:42 AM
i also have a mod idea;

why don't we make a darth yoda mod^^
I would love to do a project with you but I have a mac.  :shrug: If I can help in any way by finding assets? Then let's get started!

I like the first one because Darth Maul is probally my favorite bad guy, and there is also Jar Jar :D

I choose episode 1, because I love Maul's fighting style, and, in general, Maul is one of my favourite sith.
Βut, I also agree with Unit's opinion.
Don't fail me again admiral.