SWBF 1 again

Started by {Remnant} CT-5108, February 14, 2012, 04:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey all, long time no see!

I haven't played Star Wars Battlefront in so long, it seems like it was forever ago. I'm cheered to see actual activity is going on on the site while I'm gone! I thought everyone had forgotten this game; I miss it so much.Anyhow, the reason I haven't played in so long is that when I updated to OS X 7 on my new Mac Book Pro, SWBF no longer functions properly! Some Rosetta deal I think. To get to the point I'm pretty sure no one has made any updates for the game because it's so "old."

My reason for posting is this: does anyone know how to play SWBF 1 on a Mac running Lion? Any way to port it over from Windows and still play multiplayer? Any hidden updates or wineskin wrappers that would allow a deprived individual such as myself to play SWBF again? Mostly I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a port for the windows version of SWBF or an alternate way of playing it. Thanks

CT

February 14, 2012, 05:06:33 PM #1 Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 04:10:53 AM by Buckler
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

It is great to be back! As I write this, my browser is loading the link to partitioning older OS's on your hard drive. This would definitely save me some work on wineskin and digging up old copies of windows SWBF. Thank you so much Buckler

Kill you soon