SWBFgamers downloads

Started by Led, May 31, 2011, 04:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi All,

I have noticed almost no one uploads any files to our downloads section.  Is there anything I can do to encourage using our site instead of filefront or what ever?

We have this site until *at least* 2014 and more if I renew (which really doesn't cost that much, in the scheme of things).  Filefront seems to delete files too soon, in my opinion.

Let me know what you think!

Buckler
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I'll be uploading any maps/mods that I make to the Downloads section I just have not finished any yet.

June 01, 2011, 12:32:12 PM #2 Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 12:39:20 PM by Unit 33
Some of the descriptions are kinda lacking in specifics and are pretty vague, I'll add some map summaries to them in the comments. We could also link this archive to the "holy map review thread", as many of the links on there are dead or go to the non-existent MPC links.
Both of those things would help gain an edge "against" file front, and ultimately encourage others to use this site.

For the preexisting files, I've fixed about 25% of the MPC links.  We have the files, but the link format is slightly different and uses SWBFgamers instead.

But any newly uploaded files will have the proper formatting for SWBFgamers and so it should not be a discouragement to modders uploading files here.

I just thought of something a Released Assets section in the Downloads section would be nice.

Quote from: SleepKiller on June 01, 2011, 04:52:45 PM
I just thought of something a Released Assets section in the Downloads section would be nice.

OK, i made a new downloads section--let me know if there are any permissions issues or other issues with it.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Sweet  :cheer: I'll be uploading a skin pack soon in it.

well i would but if you want to move prop assets into that download section it could be a nice download center for people who need assets(for assets)

can you put the swbf2 conversions maps to the download  page the gamefront link doesn't work for me

Quote from: Wusi.Mm.Target on June 02, 2011, 10:25:06 AM
can you put the swbf2 conversions maps to the download  page the gamefront link doesn't work for me

This is off-topic and the link on the home page of SWBFgamers does work.

well i stop submitting because when i submitted 2 they never got accepted.
Former {FD}Leader.Fire

Quote from: Fire on June 02, 2011, 07:38:05 PM
well i stop submitting because when i submitted 2 they never got accepted.

I have accepted everything that has been submitted since SWBFgamers was formed--are you sure
it actually got uploaded?

here is the one that I can find

fire's common.lvl http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=318

i tried to upload a newer version and nothing got accepted. I know i uploaded it, but maybe i didn't submit it by accident. Its all good
Former {FD}Leader.Fire