Vehicle Size and Cameras

Started by Ascertes, December 28, 2016, 11:45:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello fellow SWBFGamers! Today I come to you with a small (actually quite large) problem. I may have gone and accidentally made a flyable acclamator cruiser (okay maybe it wasn't an accident but, that' not the point!) I need some help with my new ship.

Firstly, this thing is way too big and bulky to have any practical use. Is there any way I can scale down its sheer size with its ODF file?

Secondly, I can't figure out how to get the camera to zoom out. Currently its stuck inside the ship itself for third person, which isn't very nice. I'm not sure which camera properties to edit, so I could use some help there.

Any help with this tiny (huge) problem is greatly appreciated, as always :)
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

Make an msh option file for your ship's model and put -scale -5.0 in it, of course -5.0 is an example. Your number can be anything but it has to be negative to lower size.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

"EyePointOffset" within the ODF controls the camera, with the values representing X, Y and Z positions respectively.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Quote from: Anthony_b on December 28, 2016, 01:10:27 PM
Make an msh option file for your ship's model and put -scale -5.0 in it, of course -5.0 is an example. Your number can be anything but it has to be negative to lower size.

So I just have to create an OPTION file and put "-scale -5.0"? Sounds simple enough!

Quote from: Gistech on December 28, 2016, 01:19:35 PM
"EyePointOffset" within the ODF controls the camera, with the values representing X, Y and Z positions respectively.

Funny thing is, those are the values I've been adjusting. They don't do anything and I've bumped them up to really high numbers...
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

It may seem like the camera numbers aren't doing anything but it may be because your controllable model is sooo large you can't tell a difference. Make the option file with -scale parameter first and get that the way you want it then when it is small enough it should be viewable like normal.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.