Star Wars EAFront (EA Battlefront Remake Project - ideas/discussion?)

Started by Giftheck, July 16, 2016, 01:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
This stems from a little side project I'm doing. I wanted to recreate the Outpost Beta map from SWBFEA for the original game (in particular, I want it as a second Hoth map for the second phase of Legacy).

Here is what I have so far:

(If you're wondering the map is from a Prima Games guide for EAFront and I'm using it to position the elements - texturing will come later)

Would anybody be willing to participate in a full-blown remaking of the EA game's maps into the original game? It would be tricky and while this would be my first map, I'm only doing it because I've become fairly familiar with modelling tools and ZeroEditor lately. I would recommend anybody who wishes to join such a project should know how to map already and be able to create their own objects (I want to shy away from using EA's models where I can as Hoth already has quite a few things I can use over EA's models)

NOTE: I am not suggesting remaking the whole game. That would take a lot of time and I don't think all of the maps are that great (I hate Sulphur Fields and Goazan Badlands myself). Just a few. For instance, I would love to see Sullust's Imperial Hangar map done in SWBF1.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Maybe you could do Tatooine Jundland Wastes, Tatooine Tusken Camp, Tatooine Rebel Depot and more.

Quote from: shelljonathanea on July 16, 2016, 07:52:06 AM
Maybe you could do Tatooine Jundland Wastes, Tatooine Tusken Camp, Tatooine Rebel Depot and more.

The only two others I want to remake are Sullust's Imperial Hangar and the Rebel Base Blast map.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Extracted one of the map areas from the closed alpha:

This is the lowest-resolution version and I've applied SWBFIII textures to it (it already comes UV mapped). The other areas aren't so easy: I think DICE created several pieces that were snapped together to create new shapes.
In Progress:

On Hold:

For Star Wars Battlefront Legacy, Does this mod Include maps from the force unleashed, Episode III Revenge of the Sith Video Game, and Star Wars Battlefront EA?

Quote from: shelljonathanea on November 27, 2016, 12:50:58 PM
For Star Wars Battlefront Legacy, Does this mod Include maps from the force unleashed, Episode III Revenge of the Sith Video Game, and Star Wars Battlefront EA?

Why would an idea regaring remaking maps from the new Battlefront involve anything from The Force Unleashed or the Revenge of the Sith game?
In Progress:

On Hold: