Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (Formerly Star Wars Battlefront Legacy)

Started by Giftheck, March 07, 2016, 01:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 15, 2016, 02:48:44 PM #30 Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 03:49:19 PM by 411Remnant
How does the viper probe work? like a recon droid?
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Pretty much. The probe droids have more health in the mod (almost equable to the Soldier class) and they have no timer. They don't have orbital strike beacons, though.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

also, is that model we see in the movie for that droid(black one on hoth)? If so did you also fix the collison on it?

I used the one from Sereja's assets. I don't know if the collision was fixed on it or not.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

May 22, 2016, 12:57:33 AM #34 Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 01:13:42 AM by Gistech
So, given a lot of the work on GCW is more or less done (aside from the addition of new vehicles which I'm going to tackle later on), I'm considering releasing a two-map demo of the GCW era next week. It'll probably be Hoth and Mos Eisley.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Those A-Wing/soldier helmets are looking grand.

I'm glad you buffed the turrets, the base game turrets always seemed way underpowered compared to vehicles.
To what extent can blaster fire damage vehicles?

May 22, 2016, 12:57:41 PM #36 Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 01:03:20 PM by Gistech
I tried to reply earlier but got hit by a failure on the forum.

As it stands, each bolt only does about 40 damage to a unit and 20 to a vehicle. It's the fact I've also amended the turret fire rate and overheat threshold to make the turrets behave more like the ones in the new game that make them deadly. I've seen an AT-ST taken apart by concentrated fire from three turrets on Naboo: Plains.

What I did not realise is that the skiff and barge turrets on Tatooine also use the same turret settings, so changing the common gun turret has also changed those weapons.

And I did not realise those helmets were the A-Wing Pilot helmets until you mentioned it.

Further news is that I'm having to further reduce poly load by altering some of the units: the Stormtrooper has gone back to using the stock helmet, but I have actually crossed some parts of my TFU helmet over, and adjusted the size of the helmet to be more in line with that one. The Sandtrooper has the stock pauldron and backpack, but I've changed the textures (the pauldron is remapped to the TFU pauldron texture) and the Shock Trooper also has the new backpack. The backpack also has a new pipe on the left side (if you're looking from behind). It's funny how good the stock meshes can look when you alter the textures on them. I'm going to be altering the Clones next. I'm pretty much redoing their design: seeing as the GCW influence is leaning heavily on SWBFEA, I want the Clone Wars to lean more heavily on SWBFIII.

In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: Gistech on May 22, 2016, 12:57:41 PM
I tried to reply earlier but got hit by a failure on the forum.

Yes, it has been acting up a bit lately.  I will contact the host company if it continues... 
(They are usually good about being proactive, so I have been putting it off).
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

May 25, 2016, 06:05:40 AM #38 Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 06:16:49 AM by Gistech
The MPL is in the game now.

I'm trying to modify the stock Hoth map to have the rear entrance as a capturable point ALA SWBF2. This will be the first time I have directly modified a map, but I need to have some help with this. As this is the first time I've used Zero Editor to modify the terrain, I need to know how I can make it look natural. I would use the SWBF2 version, but, well...

In Progress:

On Hold:

And we have Clone Wars.

The Republic shotgun needs fixing. The model is clipping through the left hand on both FPM and TPM models. The Battle Droid having the Westar-34 as its backup is through design as I felt having it armed with an SE-14R would be too similar to the SE-14C the Stormtrooper carries. The E-5C acts pretty much like the RT-97C (the influence for that was the Clone Wars cartoon)
In Progress:

On Hold:

:o wow, thats some really great progress. I love the MLP model, will it shoot 3 ordanances like in the EA battlefront?

May 25, 2016, 11:56:51 AM #41 Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 02:20:17 PM by Gistech
Quote from: 411Remnant on May 25, 2016, 11:41:54 AM
:o wow, thats some really great progress. I love the MLP model, will it shoot 3 ordanances like in the EA battlefront?

Yes, it does. The Wookie has the Homing Shot version as its secondary. Funnily enough, both the Wookie and Dark Trooper use their MLPs before their primary weapons.

I have a small problem with the Shell.lvl maker. Using it, the opening logos no longer appear and I can't figure out why.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I'll just quote what I put in the Models WIP Showcase thread here. Announcing my first ever mod map, and it's going to be exclusive to Legacy.

Quote from: Gistech on May 28, 2016, 03:20:03 AM
Today, I'll be showing something a little different. This is the first time I've worked on a map, and I decided to start with Hoth by rebuilding Echo Base. Yes, I'm basing this version of Echo Base off the "Rebel Base" map seen in SWBFEA. But this will basically be part of a larger map. I was always annoyed how 'Echo Base' amounted to a hangar, Ion Control... and a bunch of empty corridors, so I took it upon myself to make something a little different. I'm not 100% sure whether I'll replace Echo Base in the stock map with my finished versions, or whether I'll create a new Hoth map with the new Echo Base. I'm leaning towards the latter.

The hangar itself is actually pretty much done. It's just the other side rooms I need to make. Here, I'll actually be breaking the map up once I'm done with it so that it reduces poly load per object. I plan on having the massive hangar at the back as well with the GR-75s inside it.

I actually converted the octagonal box from the new game to use as a prop, and I've also started converting some of the SWBF3 meshes as well (I might be using the SWBF3 rear hangar to build my GR-75 hangar).

I'm very tempted, once it's done, to try and make it into the first ground-to-space map for the first game.
In Progress:

On Hold:

At the moment I'm just trying to get the shapes right for the corridors so I can link them all back to one another.
In Progress:

On Hold: