How to Play SWBF with new GameMaster masterserver internet option

Started by Led, May 28, 2014, 05:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: 4lbLordUxor on June 04, 2014, 05:02:33 PM
Thanks for the help and advice, but 'the dog still won't hunt'....all a bit too hard for me I suspect,nvm.

We will get someone to make an installer for you.  Please tell us what operating system you use.  I may have asked already, but I forgot.  Also, if you know that SWBF is installed on your C: drive, that will help a lot.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Hi Led,
Tried to install BF gamemaster. Didn't work. Showed error. See attachment

Make sure you put Battlefront.exe in the correct folder (GameData) and make sure you run "Battlefront.exe", or make a shortcut to it.  Do not run the "LaunchBF.exe" file.

Quote from: serguei on June 06, 2014, 08:27:50 PM
Hi Led,
Tried to install BF gamemaster. Didn't work. Showed error. See attachment
Hi Serg,

Try the installer--
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1147

let us know how it goes.

Does this work with the BoPC?
(MES)Csl.Josh (GGR)Ldr.Phoenix (GGR).Mndl.LoneWolfe

Just dropping by today and I decided to fire up the old SWBF (haven't played in a few months) trying out this patch. And it works! So you guys might be graced with my presence online again! :P

Hope to see you all (and some of the folk from a couple years ago) on the weekends.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 17, 2014, 04:02:15 PM
Just dropping by today and I decided to fire up the old SWBF (haven't played in a few months) trying out this patch. And it works! So you guys might be graced with my presence online again! :P

Hope to see you all (and some of the folk from a couple years ago) on the weekends.
The Nautolan Jedi Master graces the forums once again!

And glad to hear it, I hope to see you online sometime, Kit. ;)

no more tunngle!!!
Hi im a semi-professional gif maker.
If anyone is interested on gifs, send me a pm or
xfire message!

I used the GameMaster Install and I got the little box with Install and Unistall pop up. It then said you should now be able to play SWBF online. I went into my gamedata folder and clicked both the Battlefront.exe and later the Battlefront_Gamespy.exe. Neither of them worked for me as the internet showed no servers.

I am using the no cd Battlefront.exe btw. Any suggestions for a fix?

Edit: Never mind, I got it working.

i took the manual and replaced it with the original,i hosted the max was 50,i joined but there where no games,is there no one online now or did i do something wrong?

There should be 10 or so servers on line.  Can you describe what steps you took to look for servers?

There may or may not be anyone playing right now.

Quote from: majorspidey on July 27, 2014, 11:46:57 AM
i took the manual and replaced it with the original,i hosted the max was 50,i joined but there where no games,is there no one online now or did i do something wrong?
nevermind turned out i needed to refresh acouple of times