SWBFGamers "highlander" Tournament Map

Started by SleepKiller, January 14, 2014, 09:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 14, 2014, 09:35:01 PM Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 07:32:41 AM by SleepKiller
If you're reading this you are presumably wondering what this map is. The answer to that is simple, this is the map you'll be needing to compete in the SWBFGamers 5v5 that is happening.

Your second question is probably why do we need a mod map, I thought it was stock sides and Cloud City? Well, yeah you are 100% correct on that it is stock sides and stock Cloud City. And this is exactly why we need this map. It prevents people from using cheats such as radar or see through walls to gain an unfair advantage.

Download it here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byk6aK__xf0uRWdLQ0dyemZta28/edit?usp=sharing

Either me or Led will most likely have a local link up in a jiffy.

Is there a place where I can try out the maps? Just in case, I added to the Addon file wrong  :blink:
Thank you very much for your time and have a good day Mr. SleepKiller, Sir  :)

I went ahead and fired up the tournament server on the PLA Chicago server. Feel free to join and make sure everything is in working order :)

Why are both the sides rebs?
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on February 08, 2014, 02:53:45 PM
Why are both the sides rebs?

It is a fairsides setup.

The map is only played once, so if it was emps and rebs then emps tend to have a tactical advantage with jets.  As to why it's not both sides are emps, I think that was just preference.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

February 09, 2014, 10:27:47 AM #7 Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 10:35:19 AM by Jamman
I'm having a hard time deciding where to put the files for tournament map. my game keeps crashing

bes2 replaces original bes2.
core.lvl. replaces original core.lvl
mission.lvl replaces original mission.lvl

are those right?

And bespin2_antiglitch, where does that one go?

edit: Led explained it to me, thank you.

I think it's just a normal addon map, it doesn't replace anything. Just put the cchl1 folder in addon.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

If anyone needs help here is some information

[12:25] ~{PLA}~ Led: this is just an addon map
[12:26] ~{PLA}~ Led: C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\AddOn
[12:26] ~{PLA}~ Led: make sure you have no more than 25 addon maps
[12:26] ~{PLA}~ Led: if you have more than that, leave tat3 there and move some others into another folder
[12:27] ~{PLA}~ Led: move the tournament map folder cchl1 into Addon
[12:27] ~{PLA}~ Led: and make sure that inside of cchl1 you see Addme.script file
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet