You won't be seeing much of me anymore

Started by Shazam, June 21, 2013, 02:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Shazam on June 22, 2013, 09:41:24 AM
Thank you for all of the support! I have decided that I am going to whipe my computer and essentially start from scratch. I have done this a couple times before already, so it should be pretty quick since I have most of the files saved on flash drives and other places already. I'm going to save as much of my SWBF files as possible, but mostly just the ones that I am currently using ingame.

I have successfully launched Internet Explorer from my guest user account and I wasn't able to do that before, so I think I'm going to wait a week or so to see if I can get some other things to work first. My grandpa fixes and works on computers for a living and he is helping me with some things, too. Wish me luck!

-edit: OH MY GOSH. Tunngle is launching somehow!  :D

Yay! Maybe you can still play SWBF! :D

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on June 22, 2013, 10:06:48 AM
Yay! Maybe you can still play SWBF! :D
Yeah!  ;)  SWBF is working when I use my disc, but not my no-CD .exe, so I guess I will be using my disc for now. And Tunngle is being really slow, but that could just be my Internet.

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on June 21, 2013, 03:05:34 PM
Dang man, that sucks! Really was looking forward to playing with you in the summer! After I just sent you a PM too. :P

Anyways, perhaps we can still talk over Xfire? You do have Xblaze on your iPhone, right? :confused:
I didn't keep Xblaze when I updated my phone, but I can always redownload it.

Quote from: Buckler on June 21, 2013, 03:13:29 PM
I have used Malwarebytes to recover before.
Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on June 22, 2013, 03:56:04 AM
Norton Power eraser: This is for viruses that a normal scanner won't fix but can occasionally delete other programs (can be undone)- http://security.symantec.com/nbrt/npe.aspx?ssdcat=221&serviceid=81&pName=N360&origin=stmnu&env=prod&layout=esd&tooltype=both

And for general virus protection there is
Malwarebytes
Spybot - Search and deatroy
AVG
They are all free and you should use all of them at once.
I was highly considering those options, but I figured it would be worth the effort to just whipe my computer. I don't have that much on my laptop besides SWBF and a few school projects, anyway, so it isn't hard backing up all my important files.

Quote from: Shazam on June 22, 2013, 10:15:37 AM
I was highly considering those options, but I figured it would be worth the effort to just whipe my computer. I don't have that much on my laptop besides SWBF and a few school projects, anyway, so it isn't hard backing up all my important files.
you need administrator access to run them so you still wouldn't be able to use them

Well, I thought I'd update this.

I have got SWBF, Tunngle, and almost everything else that I was using earlier working now on the guest user account on my laptop. I don't really play SWBF all that much anymore, but I leave Tunngle on sometimes during the day so I can see who's online and whatnot.

I'm still deciding on what I'm going to do about my computer problems, but I will probably just wipe it clean when I get the time.