SWBF2 - Dead Bodies Stay Mod?

Started by TheGangstarTY, October 26, 2015, 06:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello,

So there was a discussion on Steam a last year (Click here to view) on this idea and this idea was also mentioned in this massive list on Battlefront Wiki.(Click here to view).
However I have not heard anyone mention of such a thing existing except in one little YouTube video which some guy did it but wont share how.
Quote from: DarkxXxPredator;483367798510657059this guy did it but won't say how

So I was wondering, would anyone here be able to make a mod to make the dead bodies stay on the battlefield? It would be pretty good to see bodies pile up on the battlefield on those big maps with hundreds of soldiers.
There's something somebody mentioned though. The soldiers sometimes shoot the dead bodies for effect. Would they constantly do this and if so, is there a fix?

I think this would be a nice little addition that is possible. However it sounds hard to do.

Thanks and have a great day!
- TheGangstarTY
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

This concept has been brought up many times.

Getting them to linger on the battlefield would be a huge memory drain, even if we knew how to do it.

However, you can place body props around an area.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on October 26, 2015, 07:20:01 AM
This concept has been brought up many times.

Getting them to linger on the battlefield would be a huge memory drain, even if we knew how to do it.

However, you can place body props around an area.

What about limiting it to the amount of bodies allowed on the map?
What I mean is if you put the body count limit to 80, and there's 80 dead bodies, if you kill one more the count will still stay at 80 but one of the previous dead bodies disappear.

Or maybe you could put a timer on it?
Like a "clean up" timer for each dead body. For example, if someone died 3 minutes ago the body would disappear after 3 minutes?

Would this still have a huge effect on the memory?
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on October 26, 2015, 10:43:00 AM
What about limiting it to the amount of bodies allowed on the map?
What I mean is if you put the body count limit to 80, and there's 80 dead bodies, if you kill one more the count will still stay at 80 but one of the previous dead bodies disappear.

Or maybe you could put a timer on it?
Like a "clean up" timer for each dead body. For example, if someone died 3 minutes ago the body would disappear after 3 minutes?

Would this still have a huge effect on the memory?

A timer is what we have now.  The issue is that this is in the exe somewhere and not an (easily) moddable parameter.  You would have to use cheat engine to somehow locate this value and change it.

If someone figured it out, it is a shame they didn't share the memory location.

Perhaps someone else has additional input on this issue.

This would be very interesting to see if it was possible. Wonder if it would be possible in BF1 as well.

Same deal for SWBF1--we need to find the memory location that holds the fade out time.

The value that *I* would like to find is gravity.  It would be fun to mess around with that one.   :cheers:

That would be interesting. Also if someone were to find the memory location, then that would also mean one could set the lod values higher.

October 28, 2015, 08:42:59 AM #7 Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 08:45:48 AM by Shazam
It is possible to have bodies stay on the Battlefield after they die, but they stay in the position they were in when they died.

It is an unintentional feature in a SWBF1 trainer I have.  When you enable "Jump While Shooting," it also triggers bodies to stay on the Battlefield and on the minimap. 

But before anyone asks, no, I do not have the source for the trainer.

So it turns out that the bloke who got this to work made it seem better than it is. The dead bodies stay, but the AI controlling that body cannot respawn :/
Maybe the command he uses may help modders to alter some options on this?

Quote from: MikeTheBeastsVideos;485623406950266438I see you found my video of that, someone a couple days back released an addon for Fake Console and added this command in. I promised that when someone found a way to do so, I would do a tutorial of how I did it and how to install the new way. Feel free and watch the video here:

I hope someone finds a way to have bodies stay without preventing the AI from respawning.