Free Season Pass for EA:SWBF

Started by Led, September 17, 2017, 08:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
My Origin account says that the season pass for EA:SWBF is now free.  If you do not have it already and still play this game, get it  ;)

It may finally address the lack of season pass players in the game....
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Wow, now I regret paying £16 pounds for it. And that was on a discount!

The original price of the season pass was ridiculously overpriced in my opinion. If EA are just going to release it free a year later I don't see why anyone would pay their high prices for DLC.

heh, well i couldn't find a game and left after 15 minutes.  Season pass and all  :P

With the Season Pass being free, the whole game is just £4.16 on PC. I've bagged this bargain as the first time I've ever used Origin.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

I kinda want to pick it up just in case I get bored one night, but I'm just concerned that everytime I see gameplay of it, it's only been of 3 maps... If it's got less than 10, i would get bored faster than i could consider it worth buying
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Kinda makes me annoyed I bothered paying for it. EA!

Quote from: Ultimo on September 17, 2017, 08:54:47 PM
I kinda want to pick it up just in case I get bored one night, but I'm just concerned that everytime I see gameplay of it, it's only been of 3 maps... If it's got less than 10, i would get bored faster than i could consider it worth buying

It's 4 locations and most all of the modes.  But you won't get bored with it--since no one plays the DLC and it's nearly impossible to find a game.  This weekend there were 7000 PC players on, and I still couldn't find a match on Scarif...

Quote from: Led on September 18, 2017, 04:23:07 AM
It's 4 locations and most all of the modes.  But you won't get bored with it--since no one plays the DLC and it's nearly impossible to find a game.  This weekend there were 7000 PC players on, and I still couldn't find a match on Scarif...
Out of all of the DLC packs, I think Scarif was a bit sub-par.

Arm-chair dev opinion:

I think they must have faced some very restrictive deadlines, and by that point the bulk of the team was probably working on SWBF2.
I'm pretty sure they had very little to go on in terms of source material, since the DLC came out before the film.

At least the new game doesn't seem to be going for paid map DLC.