Star Wars: Battlefront Legacy OFFICIAL RELEASE

Started by Giftheck, August 31, 2016, 01:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 31, 2016, 01:37:34 AM Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 01:42:01 AM by Gistech
Finally, after years of trying to finish a mod, I have finished one! Welcome to Star Wars: Battlefront Legacy, a mod for the original Star Wars: Battlefront that is intended to honour the legacy of the franchise, from the foriginal games, to the cancelled Free Radical SWBFIII, to the new games. I've cherry-picked what I feel are the best ideas from each while giving them my own touch.

This mod differs very greatly from Main Play Mod, which was my last released large-scale mod, about four years ago.

Here's a breakdown from the readme:

[spoiler]*************************
STAR WARS: BATTLEFRONT LEGACY MOD

by gistech (ggctuk@yahoo.co.uk)

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Extract all files.

###IMPORTANT: Backup the original Common and Shell folders, plus core.lvl and mission.lvl.###

Copy "Data" into your "Star Wars Battlefront/GameData" folder. If you are asked to replace files, click "Yes" or "OK" (or, in Vista onwards "Copy and Replace").

In order to play Jabba's Palace with the new sides, you will need to remove "tat3" from your addon folder. Otherwise, the addon version will override the mod version and the map will load with stock sides.

CLASSES

The class system has been adapted to loosely fit the same types as the original game but with more diverse layouts.

SOLDIER CLASS: Blaster Rifle (Full Automatic and Burst Modes), Unique Blaster Pistol, Thermal Detonator.
-Clone Trooper (Republic - DC-17), Battle Droid (CIS - WESTAR), Rebel Soldier (Rebels - DL-44), Stormtrooper (Empire - SE-14C)

ASSAULT CLASS: Torpedo Launcher, Unique Secondary Weapon, Concussion Grenades, Mines
-ARC/Heavy Trooper (Republic - DC-15S Rifle), Assault Droid (CIS - E-5C Rifle), Rebel Vanguard (Rebels - DH-17 Pistol), Shock Trooper (Empire - T-21)

ENGINEER CLASS: Shotgun, Fusion Cutter, Detpacks, Health/Ammo Dispensers
-Clone Engineer (Republic), Droid Engineer (CIS), Rebel Engineer (Rebels), Imperial Engineer (Empire)

SNIPER CLASS: Sniper Rifle, Scout Pistol, Recon Droid (varying types)
-Clone Sharpshooter (Republic - R1 Recon Droid), Assassin Droid (CIS - DRK-1 Probe Droid), Rebel Marksman (Rebels - R5-D4), Scout Trooper (Empire - Viper Probe Droid)

SPECIAL CLASS
-Jet Trooper (Republic): EMP Launcher, ARC Caster, EMP Grenades, Jetpack
-Droideka (CIS): Twin Repeating Blasters, Shield Generator, Ball mode
-Wookie Smuggler (Rebels): Bowcaster, Modified MPL Homing Shot, Time Bombs
-Dark Trooper (Empire): Assault Cannon, MPL Barrage Launcher, Seismic Charges, Jump Pack

HINTS AND TIPS

-The rifle alternative firing mode fires a quick three-burst shot.
-Both the Soldier and Assault classes have secondary weapons unique to each faction.
-Some weapons can harm vehicles. These include the Shock Trooper's T-21 and the Tusken Raider's Cycler Rifle. AI with these weapons will target vehicles.
-The Engineer's detpack is triggered by pressing the 'reload' button.
-Each faction's sniper has a unique droid. The DRK-1 Probe Droid can shoot a disruptive bolt that hurts units and damages vehicles. The R-1 Recon Droid can call an orbital strike. The Viper Probe Droid can self-destruct, and the R5-D4 droid can repair vehicles.
-The Scout Pistol fires a powerful two-shot burst that overheats the pistol.
-On Hoth and Rhen Var, the AT-AT has two seats. The main gunner controls the cannons while the co-pilot can call in an orbital strike on a target.

GLITCHES AND ODDITIES

-On certain maps, weapons may misfire owing to too many weapon effects.
-Owing to the higher polygon count of some units, lowres switchout may occur more often.
-On rare occasions, Hoth may have issues with low-res models where all environment models are replaced with low resolution models. This usually does not last long.
-R5-D4 appears floaty, but this is down to the way the game handles droids.

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

Q. How do I install this mod?
A. Simply follow the instructions above.

Q. Why isn't [Insert Trooper variant here] in this mod (like it was in the last/or in MPM V7/Celebration/Anniversary/Expanded/Uprising screenshots)?
A. To make things smaller I have reduced the number of unit variations. This is also a different mod to those that I made before.

Q. When will you make another version of this mod?
A. See the foreword.

Q. When will you release the assets?
A. Some of the assets have already been released on SWBFGamers.

CHANGES FROM BETA
-Tweaked the Assault Droid's E-5C to overheat faster, cool down slower and deal less damage per shot.
-Fixed an issue where the Rebel Vanguard would not load on Rhen Var: Harbor.
-Fixed a model issue with the Shock Trooper's LOD model not displaying the backpack correctly.
-Fixed an issue where the Sandtrooper would not load on Tatooine: Jabba's Palace.
-Added Armoured Engineer for the Clones and Rebel Engineer for the Rebels.
-Fixed an issue that caused Yavin IV: Temple to crash in Clone Wars era during loadup.
-Fixed an issue where Star Destroyers in orbit rendered black because of a missing texture.
-Fixed an issue where Droideka dust wake and flyer spray effects would not load.

CREDITS:

Credits go to:

ASSETS AND SKINS:

-Pandemic for the Mod Tools, and LucasArts for the game.
-Autodesk for Softimage Mod Tool 7.5
-ANDEWEGET for ZETools.
-DarthD.U.C.K. for Jetpack addon mesh
-ARC_Commander for the BFX assets
-Phobos for Interface Rebuilder, Shell Rebuilder and Mission Rebuilder tools, and for Blaine the Scientist Assets
-BattleBelk for "core.lvl" tool
-Sereja for fixed Imperial Probe Droid, Hoth assets.
-Free Radical for the assets from Star Wars: Battlefront III
-LucasArts for the Star Wars: The Force Unleashed assets
-nick.dob for the DRK-1 Probe Droid model
-EA/DICE for the A280C scope, DLT-20A, MPL, Rebel Helmet parts and some sound effects.
-Monsoontide, Darth_Spiderpig and THEWULFMAN for the T-21 Blaster Rifle.
-Krome Studios for Stormtrooper and Clone helmet model parts
-John Williams, Mark Griskey and Ben Burtt for their work on the sound of Star Wars.
-LucasArts, Rebellion Developments and Pandemic Studios for SWBF sound effects.

BETA TEST:

-411Remnant
-Commander Awesome
-Rookie 1

If I've left anyone out, I apologise, but you have been a great help for getting this mod finished. So to those I didn't mention but did use assets, thank you.

LEGAL

THIS MOD IS NOT MADE, NOR IS IT ENDORSED BY, DISNEY, LUCASARTS OR PANDEMIC STUDIOS, AND IS MADE FOR FUN, NOT FOR PROFIT.

EVERYTHING, FROM SOUNDS TO MODELS, IS USED WITHOUT THE CONSENT OF LUCASFILM BUT IS USED WITH RESPECT. BOTH MYSELF AND LUCASFILM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE THE MOD REMOVED FROM ANY DOWNLOAD SERVICE IT IS AVAILABLE ON.

COPYRIGHT NOTICE:

All assets have the minimum possible amount taken from licensed material, and do not impair sales of their respective games, nor do they misrepresent their respective copyright holders. This mod is not endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, Lucasfilm LTD. or Electronic Arts.

FINAL WORD

Once again, thanks for playing![/spoiler]

And here's some screenshots:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

And finally, here's the download link:

DOWNLOAD:
-Via MEGA: https://mega.nz/#!gAYn0LgQ!vnXYKfSCz1PMR--u7kRvZpK6PiagTlBeTYet6C75sXE
-Via ModDB: http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-battlefront-legacy

edit by Led:  local link:  http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1407

EDIT: Non-crucial bug fix. In the Clone Wars Campaign, when you play Kamino, the new sounds do not load correctly. This fixes that issue.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-battlefront-legacy/downloads/kamino-campaign-sound-fix

edit by Led:  local link http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1408

EDIT 26/10/16: Non-crucial bug fix. The new sounds did not load correctly on the CW version of Mos Eisley.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-battlefront-legacy/downloads/mos-eisley-sound-fix
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Will you release the assets? Amazing job, congratulations.
"Come on, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?"
- Lieutenant Rasczak speaking to the Roughnecks troopers

Quote from: i2Bros on August 31, 2016, 02:17:05 AM
Will you release the assets?

I have released a few of the models, but I'm not yet sure if I want to release all of the assets, especially considering I'm not actually done with them yet.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

August 31, 2016, 02:20:04 AM #3 Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 02:22:10 AM by i2Bros
I'm asking because it would be awesome bringing this mod to swbf2.

Quote from: i2Bros on August 31, 2016, 02:20:04 AM
I'm asking because it would be awesome bringing this mod to swbf2.

I have plans to do that myself at some point once I've concluded Phase 2 of the SWBF1 release.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Awesome! Oh and what you think about my sandtrooper reskin? It would be nice listen to your opinion.  :cheers:

Wooohooooo :cheer:  Congratulations on the release! This is one of the best mods for battlefront 1 I've seen.

Nice work Gistech, this is quality! I can't wait to see Phase 2 :cheer:
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

August 31, 2016, 11:42:38 PM #8 Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 01:49:16 AM by Gistech
Thanks for the positive coments :D

I'll be taking a short break from modding for a while, partly because I'm about to go back to college, but rest assured Phase 2 will happen. And I hope to have it done quicker than it has been for me to make this mod after Main Play Mod 6.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Non-crucial bug fix. In the Clone Wars Campaign, when you play Kamino, the new sounds do not load correctly. This fixes that issue.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-battlefront-legacy/downloads/kamino-campaign-sound-fix
In Progress:

On Hold:

Did you use these assets? http://gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=32561

And also, the dark trooper model looks strange.

And does this mod only work on stock maps?
If you are good at something, never do it for attention.

Congrats Gistech on the release!
The years just fly past, don't they?

Quote from: Isaac1138 on October 23, 2016, 10:01:44 AM
Did you use these assets? http://gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=32561

No, as those assets were posted after I released this mod. I will be using some of them in Phase 2.

Quote from: Isaac1138 on October 23, 2016, 10:01:44 AMAnd also, the dark trooper model looks strange.

How so? It looks fine to me. Even though I had to poly-reduce it, it still looks like a Dark Trooper (Phase 3, not the stock Phase 0 one)

QuoteAnd does this mod only work on stock maps?

At current, yes. Phase 2 will bring in more maps, starting with the SWBF2 maps, some of Sereja's maps and then hopefully it will be finished with a few maps from SWBF3.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: Jean on October 23, 2016, 12:42:39 PM
Looking forward to the swbf2 release :cheer:

That's a long, long way down the line as it's Phase 3. It's going to be quite a wait.
In Progress:

On Hold: