The death of FileFront and the SWBF archive project.

Started by Rayce, August 05, 2015, 08:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

With SWBFFiles' demise, what files should we try to bring back here?

As much as we can from both games.
17 (77.3%)
As much as we can from SWBF1.
1 (4.5%)
Only mods and maps.
1 (4.5%)
Only SWBF1 mods and maps.
0 (0%)
Only the most popular mods and maps.
0 (0%)
Only the most popular mods and maps from SWBF1.
0 (0%)
Rare mods and maps.
2 (9.1%)
Rare mods and maps from SWBF1.
1 (4.5%)
Only modders' resources.
0 (0%)
None.
0 (0%)
Other (Please post)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 22

With FileFront gone, and knowing GameFront proper's file hosting policies, should we try and salvage as much of SWBFFiles as we can as part of our SWBF archive project? And if so, what files should we save, if not all of them?

http://filefront.fcsite.ml
Most useful files I downloaded are all there.
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: Commander Awesome on August 05, 2015, 08:15:15 PM
With FileFront gone, and knowing GameFront proper's file hosting policies, should we try and salvage as much of SWBFFiles as we can as part of our SWBF archive project? And if so, what files should we save, if not all of them?
Every SWBF mod map possible should be archived on the site anyder posted. I'll try to add more maps this weekend.

Anything that can't be reproduced easily ( side mods, interface, etc )
Prioritize modmaps, and creative content.
Retrieve anything that served as a base to modding.
SWBF2 eras mods.

Quote from: Syyy on August 06, 2015, 04:47:16 AM
Anything that can't be reproduced easily ( side mods, interface, etc )
Prioritize modmaps, and creative content.
Retrieve anything that served as a base to modding.
SWBF2 eras mods.
I'd go first for important assets and tools.
If we have the assets we can recreate the mod.
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

I'm sure most modders keep backups of their maps and mods, but this will take a long time to restore. I think a lot of BF2 Mods are on GT, but not all of them. The same situation is here for BF1 mods. I have about +100 BF2 Mods on my laptop (If I haven't deleted them) so later today I'll try to look through that.
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

I have been keeping a personal archive of many assets on my mediafire account. With how filefront deletes old files so much, I'm amazed we have any files to save.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Want me to link my archive? I have around 30GB of SWBF1 and 2 files from Filefront. Are we still saving these?
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on November 15, 2015, 03:52:03 PM
Want me to link my archive? I have around 30GB of SWBF1 and 2 files from Filefront. Are we still saving these?

sure. it might be a while before I can grab it though, data limits....
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

From Swbffiles i was downloaded one Geonosis map for Battlefornt 2 which was nothing special but i loved the feeling when i play it however i forgot the name...Its my favorite since that was the only map made by a person who know a little of xml and made new shaders for it.It looked amazing.

November 16, 2015, 10:51:24 AM #10 Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 11:18:10 AM by TheGangstarTY
Quote from: Ginev on November 16, 2015, 09:35:28 AM
From Swbffiles i was downloaded one Geonosis map for Battlefornt 2 which was nothing special but i loved the feeling when i play it however i forgot the name...Its my favorite since that was the only map made by a person who know a little of xml and made new shaders for it.It looked amazing.

Might it be included in anything here?

MAPS
- Abraxas Platform
- Alaris Prime Assault
- Aldura Campaign Part 1
- Attack on the Death Star
- Battle Arena 2.0
- Bespin Cloud City
- Bespin Cloud City V2
- Bespin Escape
- Bespin Platforms
- Bespin Platforms V2
- Bespin Streets
- Big Battle 3.0
- CWC Private Anderson's Mos Eisley
- Death Star II Emperor's Throne Room
- Naboo Riverside Village
- Naboo Sewers
- Naboo Theed Hangar
- Siege of Naboo Theed
- Star Destroyer
- Starship Troopers
- Training Installation IC-177
- Utapau Orbital Attack

MAP PACKS
- Capital Down
- Dark Space Map Outtakes
- One Map Map Pack (OMM)
- Saga of the 607th - Final Map Pack
- Space to Ground Mappack 2
- Space to Sky to Ground 1
- Space to Sky to Ground 2
- Space to Sky to Ground 3
- Space to Sky to Ground 4

MODS
- Battlefront Extreme 2.2
- Battlefront Republic Commando
- Conversion Pack
- Dark Times II - Rising Son
- Geonosis Jedi
- Jedi VS Clones + Kamino
- Sol Map Pack
- Ultimate Battlefront
- Ultimate Battlefront The Clone Wars

If it isn't in one of them, do you mind explaining what it was like? I might be able to find it somewhere in my files. Or somewhere on the web. Any extra information you can remember would also help me find it.

Quote from: Led on November 15, 2015, 03:56:14 PM
sure. it might be a while before I can grab it though, data limits....
I'll begin adding the files from FileFront right away. It should be done in about a week or two.

FILES WILL BE LOCATED IN THESE LINKS:

Click here to visit MediaFire to download the .zip files.

Click here to visit OneDrive to download the .zip files.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Well the map like all was pretty much flat surface.Its only Clone wars.The cps were placed in the far ends of the map forming square almost like when you start modding new map but a litle more far from one another.The Republic have ATTE and i think they were 2 gunships but maybe and 1.The droids were having 2 geo fighters,i think 2 spider droids,2 dwarf droids and 1 hailfire tread.The think i also remember is that there was some custom sounds for the weapons.They were kinda same but a little more badass.The gunship have new engine sounds from the movie which was really cool.

When you play with the infantry and you move you can feel that the moving is a little different from the original.If you sprint forward and try to stop in on place your soldier won't stop at the moment.he will continue running forward just a little bit with reduced speed and finally will stop.It seems the creator did not liked how everyone move in the game so he touched the movement a little and that was good in my opinion.

And finally i think that was the only map where that guy touched a little the Shader files of the map.The map was looking really different and cool in some way.Maybe is from the particle effects that he used but it deffinely looked original and cool.Even Maveritchell mentioned in the description that the map feeling was really special.

I miss that map and really want to play it again.If you find something like that please release it here.  :P

November 17, 2015, 03:47:47 AM #12 Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 09:00:16 AM by TheGangstarTY
Quote from: Ginev on November 17, 2015, 01:17:00 AM
Well the map like all was pretty much flat surface.Its only Clone wars.The cps were placed in the far ends of the map forming square almost like when you start modding new map but a litle more far from one another.The Republic have ATTE and i think they were 2 gunships but maybe and 1.The droids were having 2 geo fighters,i think 2 spider droids,2 dwarf droids and 1 hailfire tread.The think i also remember is that there was some custom sounds for the weapons.They were kinda same but a little more badass.The gunship have new engine sounds from the movie which was really cool.

When you play with the infantry and you move you can feel that the moving is a little different from the original.If you sprint forward and try to stop in on place your soldier won't stop at the moment.he will continue running forward just a little bit with reduced speed and finally will stop.It seems the creator did not liked how everyone move in the game so he touched the movement a little and that was good in my opinion.

And finally i think that was the only map where that guy touched a little the Shader files of the map.The map was looking really different and cool in some way.Maybe is from the particle effects that he used but it deffinely looked original and cool.Even Maveritchell mentioned in the description that the map feeling was really special.

I miss that map and really want to play it again.If you find something like that please release it here.  :P

Would it be by any chance? The player movements seem to be the same but the rest seems awfully similar to how you described it.
I'll post any more below once I find them ;)

Other Maps (Similar to your description):
Clone Wars: Geonosis
Episode II: Geonosis
Geonosis Crossfire This map looks like it fits your description more than the other suggestions. I may be wrong.

If you want, just look through the whole Web Archive :) It's right here: Star Wars Battlefront 2 File Front
There's quite a few but I've picked ones out that most look alike.