Where to show off Modeling work?

Started by tirpider, June 08, 2013, 03:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I would like to start a general modeling showcase thread.

A general pic only thread where modelers can share (show off) works-in-progress or finished models that may or may not be for the game. 

I'm not sure where it would be best suited though.
3D-Modeling, Animation and Texturing seems appropriate, but some of the models might not be destined to become game assets, so I don't know.

Then there is Art Gallery and Creative Endeavors.
This is probably the proper place.

Would anyone have any advice on which way to go with this?

put one in both?
or maybe led can do some fancy forum magic and have the same thread in both forums at once all pointing to the same place.

I suggest you make the call--we can make a new board or sub board if you want.  :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Well, I just did some digging and found RC's General Art thread.
(General- ART Gallery)

We don't have a lot of modelers, so it would probably be best to add to that to keep things organized.

I should have looked a little more before asking :P

Well, that looks more for photoshop stuff. I think I like the idea of a modeling showcase in the Modeling board.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I would start it in the Creative endeavors forum. Just to keep things organized

June 08, 2013, 07:00:44 PM #6 Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 07:23:51 PM by tirpider
I think you are right about keeping it in the creative endeavors board.

I also think I'm using the gallery thread incorrectly.  A Gallery is a place for finished stuff, but a wip thread would be a place to show progress and solicit criticism.

hmm...

Ok. I'll Start a 3d WIP thread, then.. who is moderating the Art Gallery and Creative Endeavors board?  I'd like to ask them to move the related 3d posts I just made over to the appropriate thread.

(This is the confusing way I work.. sorry)

-edit
Wow.. that was fast

Well that turned out to be a bit confusing. You may want to edit the topic a bit. SMF doesn't seem to handle merging well.

June 08, 2013, 07:24:36 PM #8 Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 07:29:08 PM by tirpider
heh, thanks, SK.

That was fast

I'll fix it.

-edit.. fixed.. sorta. :P

We also have a 3-D modeling forum too  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I know, right?

I thought about the 3D board first, but a showcase for wip didn't seem to fit in topically with the various technical posts about getting things into the game. (though now I am questioning it... again.)

I know some folks are doing work in other programs, and through my own efforts, I know that not all my work in XSI is going to end up as a SWBF asset.  So the Creative Endeavors board seemed appropriate.

It could easily go there, and I wouldn't mind if if gets moved.  I just had a vision to share with the world but didn't know which wall to write it on. :P