Video Forum?

Started by SirPimped, January 10, 2013, 11:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like SWBFGamers to have a Video Forum?

Yes, I would like a Video Forum
17 (94.4%)
No, I would NOT like a Video Forum
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Hello everyone,

I want to see if there is any interest in having a forum under the "Community Area" section for SWBF videos. I really want to open up a new avenue of creativity and excitement to SWBF. I would like a section where people can post their own SWBF videos and videos they find. I think it would also be a great place for people to learn how to make their own videos, and I would like to help.

I have links to free editing software from Microsoft (Windows Movie Maker 2.6), as well as links to tutorials on how to use it. I know I'm not a moderator, but I would check the forum regularly to help anyone who needs it. I would like to hear your feedback.

If enough people think it is a good idea, I will bring it up to Buckler to see if he would entertain the idea. So please vote and comment.

Good idea and I recommend Camtasia for mp4 its better than wmv format.

January 11, 2013, 04:24:37 AM #2 Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 04:27:51 AM by Agent Z
Sounds like a great idea. :tu:

I'm somewhat surprised we don't have a video section already.

-edit:  Why not make it a screenshot/photo and video forum? It could be a media forum, that would be cool.

Im for it! :cheers:
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: Agent Z on January 11, 2013, 04:24:37 AM
Sounds like a great idea. :tu:

I'm somewhat surprised we don't have a video section already.

-edit:  Why not make it a screenshot/photo and video forum? It could be a media forum, that would be cool.
I agree with Sha-Zam, a Media Forum would be better.

Sounds like a good idea to me, there's alot of good videos around to be shared.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

January 11, 2013, 04:51:26 AM #6 Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:37:29 AM by Disciple
Sure,maybe if we get enough videos we can put them on youtube so we can bring more players to the game?

Ill also want to contribute adding videos :)
Sounds like an epic idea Gohan.
Btw, who was making a community vid. ? Helios ?
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Great idea SirPimped! I like Zam's idea of calling it the Media center with one place for screen shots and one for videos  :tu:

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Quote from: Agent Z on January 11, 2013, 04:24:37 AM
That is a really good idea. A media forum would make much more sense.

Quote from: Disciple on January 11, 2013, 04:51:26 AM
Sure,maybe if we get enough videos we can put them on youtube so we can bring more players to the game?
I think promotional videos for SWBF / SWBFGamers could easily be made and uploaded to youtube and xfire. That could be our first community project :tu:

Quote from: Phobos on January 11, 2013, 01:25:36 AM
Good idea and I recommend Camtasia for mp4 its better than wmv format.
I've never used Camtasia before, but I'm all for better video software :cheer:

This is a good idea. At the moment people have to make a random topic in general or star wars battlefront so this would make it more organised

Wow, great idea I actually use camtasia and it's very easy and basic but very good quality. I know this is a SWBF site but should we just restrict it to SWBF videos? maybe all games?  :tu: Very Good idea! good thinking SirPimped :cheers:

I love this idea!
Someone call in DEAGLE to get us started on the community video!!  :cheers:

Quote from: Kit Fisto on January 11, 2013, 05:50:59 PM
I love this idea!
Someone call in DEAGLE to get us started on the community video!!  :cheers:
Lol, poor Deagle always doing our bidding :O
Sounds like an excellent idea.