Site Upgrade?

Started by Kit Fisto, December 03, 2012, 10:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Here is a link to the old header for the website:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=512

Two files are needed:

large header with black on the right.

a file that lays on top that has SWBFgamers.com on it

The sizes and file types must be the same as in this download.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I already said I would love to do the featured mod/map. I think I have know a lot more mods/maps out there than the average member.  ;) ::)
I would just need the necessary permissions from JK or Led so that I could edit the front page...

Quote from: Kit Fisto on December 04, 2012, 04:13:41 PM
I already said I would love to do the featured mod/map. I think I have know a lot more mods/maps out there than the average member.  ;) ::)
I would just need the necessary permissions from JK or Led so that I could edit the front page...

Sorry, I will not set up the permission for you.

Oh.  :'( Ok. Well I guess I can still do it, just not have it featured on the main page. No one will see it though...  :g:

What you could do is make a post in which you can edit your information.  I could put a link on the front page to your post.  The link would not change, thus saving me time.

You would change your information as you see fit. 

Ok that sounds good! Like how you have the news set up? Like this? [spoiler][/spoiler]

I would like to do that!!! Well the first one should be up in a couple days I think...

Thanks Led!! :cheer: :friend:

Ok Led the first one is up! I didn't feel like doing my Of Mice and Men book report.  ::)
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=5722.msg57023;topicseen#new

Quote from: Kit Fisto on December 03, 2012, 10:09:06 PM
•a minigame ( people were saying that MPC had something like that... )
Way ahead of you...
I can do that for absolutely free (using my pro edition of GM8.1 and all of its awesomeness)
Right now, I can only export my games to *.EXE format, so if someone could port it (I have no idea how that is done, so don't eat me) that would help XD...

Questions would be: What deadline, what type of game, and 3D or 2D?
And believe me, I'd love to create a game based for the community here, so don't hesitate to ask. (try not to go to elaborate though, script can only do so much)

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on December 04, 2012, 06:50:39 PM
Way ahead of you...
I can do that for absolutely free (using my pro edition of GM8.1 and all of its awesomeness)
Right now, I can only export my games to *.EXE format, so if someone could port it (I have no idea how that is done, so don't eat me) that would help XD...

Questions would be: What deadline, what type of game, and 3D or 2D?
And believe me, I'd love to create a game based for the community here, so don't hesitate to ask. (try not to go to elaborate though, script can only do so much)

There are games that go with the website software.  It is not something you can develop and I would be able to use.  Look up "SMF forum games" or something and see what the options are.  Even then, these things could break our forum.

A gallery to host images/screenshots/avatars, ect?

It would solve a few dead images in some of the threads if they were hosted on-site.
But could also bring content and hot linking issues or be a bandwidth killer and moderation nightmare.

SMF mod link: Adk Gallery
SMF mod link: SMF Gallery

Also...
How about a shoutbox? (another bandwidth killer, I suspect)
SMF mod link: A SMFPacks Shoutbox

I'll have a go at another banner too I guess.

December 13, 2012, 03:28:02 PM #26 Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 03:30:05 PM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Quote from: Snake on December 13, 2012, 03:22:54 PM
Here's a banner I made:

link: http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp226/aatcfett/header-bg-new.jpg

Not sure if you heard or not, but..

Quote from: Buckler on December 04, 2012, 03:33:44 PM

Two files are needed:

large header with black on the right.

a file that lays on top that has SWBFgamers.com on it

The sizes and file types must be the same as in this download.

I have a banner already made, just need to wait for the moment to finally get on my laptop to upload it. :P

On a side note, looks cool.

December 14, 2012, 01:20:29 AM #27 Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 04:59:39 AM by UNIT 33
Here is one I made earlier. I could make another one maybe.

Nice Unit!
My suggestion is that we have things recognizable from the game with NO mods. I like the aubresh though! I think a Star Wars feel plus a SWBF feel. Like we know right when we see it that "Oh! This is a SWBF1 site!"  ;)

December 14, 2012, 03:55:48 PM #29 Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 05:33:18 AM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Quote from: Kit Fisto on December 14, 2012, 03:28:25 PM
Nice Unit!
My suggestion is that we have things recognizable from the game with NO mods. I like the aubresh though! I think a Star Wars feel plus a SWBF feel. Like we know right when we see it that "Oh! This is a SWBF1 site!"  ;)

I might have something like that. I just got a question: how do you upload photos straight from your PC like that? I always use imgur. Anyways, I have the banner remade, just need to find somehow I can upload it.