SWBF1 2on2 Leaderboards

Started by Anyder, August 17, 2015, 03:56:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I would like to suggest a different format for this tournament. Instead of having a list of teams and then moving up or down by playing whoever/whenever, I would suggest a round-robin tournament (i.e. all teams play all teams). So if you have 10 teams, all the teams play each other at least once, maybe twice if time permits. You could score two different ways:

1) By wins - team with the most wins is on top and on down the line. tiebreaker could be least number of deaths or most number of kills.
2) By kill to death differences - The team with the best kill to death differential would be on top and on down the line.

I think this is the most fair way for all teams to play each other and see who comes out on top. All other rules could be the same. Just my opinion.

Quote from: SirPimped on August 17, 2015, 12:25:33 PM
I would like to suggest a different format for this tournament. Instead of having a list of teams and then moving up or down by playing whoever/whenever, I would suggest a round-robin tournament (i.e. all teams play all teams). So if you have 10 teams, all the teams play each other at least once, maybe twice if time permits. You could score two different ways:

1) By wins - team with the most wins is on top and on down the line. tiebreaker could be least number of deaths or most number of kills.
2) By kill to death differences - The team with the best kill to death differential would be on top and on down the line.

I think this is the most fair way for all teams to play each other and see who comes out on top. All other rules could be the same. Just my opinion.

I would like to second SirPimped's motion.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

It would depend on if you want to eliminate teams and thus make a tournament or if you want to have a proper ladder and let teams face each other according to their disponibility until a certain date. Those who want to win will be motivated to play matches. And losing will be more forgiving.

I am interested to participate.

The formats Anyder and SirPimped have presented both avoid any elimination. I do prefer SirPimped's idea since the original format could get repetitive - like it did last time for me, kept fighting the same people over and over.

Sorry for not replying before, I was definitely not gonna answer to all this with my mobile lol

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on August 17, 2015, 11:16:11 AM
This format seems very familiar. ;)
Maybe there could be a reserve list for people who are easily contactable if someone pulls out?
Yea I copied several parts from Helios' post for leaderboards 2.
If someone joins, they join and start from the bottom, idk if his is what u mean. If someone leaves, that player is deleted from the list.

Quote from: SirPimped on August 17, 2015, 12:25:33 PM

Well, the stock ladder format is fine IMO, if for example the top team has to fight a team which is x10 times worse than them, then it is a waste of time...
Also probably that format will mean that this tournament will last in a week from its start, and i was it to last longer if it is possible..

Quote from: Syyy on August 17, 2015, 01:05:31 PM
It would depend on if you want to eliminate teams and thus make a tournament or if you want to have a proper ladder and let teams face each other according to their disponibility until a certain date. Those who want to win will be motivated to play matches. And losing will be more forgiving.

I am interested to participate.
U're right. I'll add u to the interested players unless u wanna sign up a team.

Quote from: -=(212) Nixo=- on August 17, 2015, 01:52:51 PM
The formats Anyder and SirPimped have presented both avoid any elimination. I do prefer SirPimped's idea since the original format could get repetitive - like it did last time for me, kept fighting the same people over and over.
It is pointless to have a match for example noobs with a team ELO of 2000 vs a team of 2900
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: Anyder on August 17, 2015, 02:13:56 PM
Also probably that format will mean that this tournament will last in a week from its start, and i was it to last longer if it is possible..
I think it would last long enough. If you have say 8 teams, each team has to play another team each week, that would be 7 weeks of matches. If you say each teams has to play each other twice it could be 14 weeks.

Well, the stock ladder format is fine IMO, if for example the top team has to fight a team which is x10 times worse than them, then it is a waste of time...
It is pointless to have a match for example noobs with a team ELO of 2000 vs a team of 2900
I think it would be more interesting and fair for each team play each other. Like Nixo said, it could become repetitive if it's just the same teams playing each other over and over. Just my opinion.

Yea I copied several parts from Helios' post for leaderboards 2.
I was joking, I wrote the original rules?.  ;)

It would be nice to have a traditional tournament so everyone can play each other other but I did the leaderboard so it was a bit more relaxed. It depends what sort of tournament you want.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on August 17, 2015, 02:39:08 PM
I was joking, I wrote the original rules?.  ;)

It would be nice to have a traditional tournament so everyone can play each other other but I did the leaderboard so it was a bit more relaxed. It depends what sort of tournament you want.
Exactly the same as all previous leaderboards but for 2on2, and i didnt know u wrote them

Quote from: Anyder on August 17, 2015, 03:47:56 PM
Exactly the same as all previous leaderboards but for 2on2, and i didnt know u wrote them
There have been recent 2vs2 tournaments? And it would probably be more enjoyable for the majority of players that are less skilled, like myself, since you would just speffectively stay in the same place after about four weeks if that makes sense. You could also take into consideration how little your death count would be to make it more entertaining for a much stronger opponent, so there is still a point in playing (like the DT championship I think).
Again,just an opinion.

Quote from: -=(212) Nixo=- on August 17, 2015, 03:58:58 PM
There have been recent 2vs2 tournaments? And it would probably be more enjoyable for the majority of players that are less skilled, like myself, since you would just speffectively stay in the same place after about four weeks if that makes sense. You could also take into consideration how little your death count would be to make it more entertaining for a much stronger opponent, so there is still a point in playing (like the DT championship I think).
Again,just an opinion.
If u wanted to have a high KDR that could be easily done camping and im not gonna let players camp just to get the best stats.
Also, Im just making this tournament/ladder like the previous ones, u're free to start an own tournament under your own rules, and structure.
And please, let me know what 2on2 tournaments have been played lately.

In other words, Anyder is not changing the style of this tournament. Perhaps your suggestions are better used in other instances.

I'm perfectly fine with how it is. ;)
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: chameleon on August 17, 2015, 05:36:55 PM
In other words, Anyder is not changing the style of this tournament. Perhaps your suggestions are better used in other instances.

I'm perfectly fine with how it is. ;)
Im sorry if i sounded unfriendly but I have a patience limit and probably i shouldnt have answered that way, but still, i'd like this tournament to be like the previous ones. If someone organizes another tournament (DTC is gonna take place in few months) i might also host it in the NY Server so that EU players dont have that "huge" ping difference

I've set up a server called 2on2 Leaderboards, in case someone wants to try it out

Quote from: Anyder on August 17, 2015, 04:03:40 PM
If u wanted to have a high KDR that could be easily done camping and im not gonna let players camp just to get the best stats.
Also, Im just making this tournament/ladder like the previous ones, u're free to start an own tournament under your own rules, and structure.
And please, let me know what 2on2 tournaments have been played lately.
That's true, that would also ruin the game making it much slower. It would still be fun, at least it would be for me, just to play a match against a new opponent even if they are much stronger or much weaker.
And it was a question, I wasn't aware of any.

I will be partners with Shazam for the tournament.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.