Zombie Castle 1.0 + Universal Zombie Sound Assets

Started by Phobos, July 07, 2013, 10:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 07, 2013, 10:00:02 AM Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 12:16:01 PM by Phobos

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1291 

Quote from: ReadMe- Zombie Castle v1.0 by Phobos -

Try to defend Helm's Deep from an undead army of rebel zombies. Zombie Castle works in both SP and MP, but it's recommended to play in SP on Hard for maximum challenge. This map is a demo for "Zombie Campaign" an extensive mod being developed by Phobos. Zombie Castle will be released only on mediafire for now.

There are 5 various zombie units you will encounter. Here's a basic description of their attributes:
Average Zombie - Trooper zombie has average health and average speed. They charge at you blindly and do not flinch when shot at.
Rush Zombies - Conehead and Pilot zombies have low health and high speed. They try to outflank you by strafing when you shoot at them.
Tank Zombies - Wookiee and Wampa zombies have high health and slow speed. They act as meat shields for other zombies.

- Included is an extra hard mission LVL with 500 zombie reinforcements instead of 300. Use this for playing online with friends, as they won't need the hard mission.lvl installed only the server does.

Known Bugs:
- Black ground bug because of no detail texture specified in zeroeditor. This cannot be fixed since I don't have the world source assets. Play with texture quality set to low to remove black aura.
- Zombie models dissapear more online and the sounds are glitchier. This is due to built in MP limits and can't be fixed. Look at it this way though, zombies sneak up on and surprise you easier.
- Crashes online if 32 AI. I don't know what the limit is or what's causing the crash, but I was able to play online with ~24 AI.
- Zombies cluster under the first gate CP that gets destroyed. Probably because the CP is directly above them, another mapping bug I can't fix without the source. Drop some landmines there instead.
- Not tested on Mac OS.

----------------------
Universal Zombie Sound Assets Included:
The zombie.lvl in this sound folder I have created as a universal zombie sound.lvl for compatibility with all custom zombie side mods. To include these sounds in your mod:

- Add these lines to your mission LUA:
   ReadDataFile("dc:SOUND\\zombie.lvl");
       OpenAudioStream("dc:sound\\zombie.lvl", "zombie");

- Add these lines to all your unit ODFs you want to have zombie groans:
   HurtSound      = "zombie_hurt"
   DeathSound              = "zombie_death"
   LowHealthSound      = "zombie_chatter"
   LowHealthThreshold      = "1.1"

- Place the zombie.lvl in your mod map's SOUND folder.
- Please remember to credit "Phobos and Sereja" if you include these zombie sounds in your mods. Crediting mod contributors is respectful.
----------------------

Credits:
Phobos - Mission Side and Sound LVLs, Midnight Castle Reskin, Zombie Conehead skin
Vonfrank - Helm's Deep Map
411Remnant - Zombie Rebel Trooper and Pilot skins
Unit 33 - Zombie Wookiee and Wampa skins
Sereja - Zombie Sound Recordings
Tirpider - Wookiee Antlers and Rebel Trooper No Backpack Models

Crash for me... :confused:
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

OMG OMG!!!!! Finally!! Just tried it! amazing work.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Thanks sereja for pointing out the all LVL was accidentally named all (2) which caused a crash.

I have re-uploaded the download package with correct filenames

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ars5z12n2s1v06f

Epic Map!
<br /><br />Top SWBF1 Modder and Skill Clan 2009-20??

Nice zombie map, I took a video if anyone wants to see it.

I don't think I've said this publicly but this is the best SWBF zombie map I've played. The different zombies really add to the fun and suspense and I think the map choice (Helms Deep) was an ingenious move. Don't even get me started on the new map skins! :o Amazing! Truly a work of art for SWBF. It's a must download if you haven't already. 8)

Using the link on the online server name ( tiny.cc/zomc1 ), I got a working version of the map and it is excellent! I love it!
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper