Dark Trooper Championship 2014

Started by Phobos, August 23, 2014, 02:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Anyder on September 29, 2014, 10:46:12 AM
Read the rules, everything is explained there (however the answer is yes)
I've read the rules, unless I missed something, I see nothing that explains a time limit for every match, I don't mean dates, Anyder.

Sorry i thought he posted it. I'm gonna make a site in the fc webhosting with all this info and thought it was said here

Match shall not last more than 30 mins (unless there's a problem)
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

September 29, 2014, 11:43:38 PM #17 Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 09:23:32 PM by Phobos
Quote from: Black Water on September 29, 2014, 11:46:50 AM
I've read the rules, unless I missed something, I see nothing that explains a time limit for every match, I don't mean dates, Anyder.
It shouldn't be a problem, there is no advantage to running, and if people are going to run from fights just to heal from the slow auto-heal, that will be disabled too.

Matches should not last more than 33 minutes and 20 seconds at the most. I'll add this rule to the main post. If the mission time exceeds 2000 then the match will be forcibly ended - each player will suicide at the same time until the player with most deaths reaches 0 reinforcements.

It is unlikely this will be a problem however if it is then a rule is now in place to deal with it.

Update 10-1
Also adding a rule that if a player excessively runs from battles (such as using glitches, going outside or above the map, etc.) just to delay the time and try to win by abusing the time limit rule, will be disqualified.

The  times I will be able to play are most likely Mondays and Wednesdays from 6 PM EST to 9:30 PM EST, and on sundays from 2:30 EST- 9:30 EST. Any other days I'm busy most likely.. but if needed I'll try to squeeze something in.   

October 09, 2014, 05:28:30 PM #19 Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 02:51:20 AM by Phobos
@Black Water
Ok I added your best times to the thread

- Also I updated the rule of health drops from kills, the bacta only lasts 5-10 seconds now so it must be taken right after the kill or it will expire. This is to prevent camping around bactas or running from a fight to heal. The slow LUA autoheal may or may not be disabled. DTC map is 75% finished and should be ready soon.

-Important The start of DTC has been delayed 1 week and will now begin on November 7th. The weekly schedule in main post has been updated.

Just a reminder that registration for the DTC ends in 10 days.

Hope some others are interested! "The more, The merrier"
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Registration Deadline - Nov 1
DTC Map Distribution - Nov 1
Bracket Posted - Nov 6
Tourney Starts - Nov 7

To keep things less confusing there will only be one password used for the duration of the tournament, and it will only be changed if unauthorized players join the server.  Since there are currently only 8 players signed up there will likely only be 4-5 rounds. Awards will only be given to the top 3 participants instead of top 4, unless more players join the DTC.

Just a reminder that Today, October 31st, is your last chance to sign up for the DTC! I hope you wish to join in, or perhaps spectate. ;)
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Wow, this is totally ridiculous of me..
I'll join and try to show up for as many rounds as possible! -- Think of me as the guy that you can replace with someone else if they can't show up. (Or I can spectate the whole time too..)

I think Ultimo that tomorrow is actually the deadline to sign up.

I might be willing to give this tournament a shot, but I can't guarantee my availability. But if that is not an issue I will try and join.
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

The rules will be a bit leniant for players who miss some battles, you won't get disqualified because there's so few members playing, but u will lose points for missing battles. Players have until 11:59pm tomorrow to sign up, the deadline is in 32 hours from now.

Is the DTC map now available and I missed the link somewhere?
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: ևltimσ on November 03, 2014, 01:39:40 PM
Is the DTC map now available and I missed the link somewhere?
not yet i will make an official announcement later this week when the map is available for download.

ok, thats fine. thanks!
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Ok the mod map is attached to this post and the link added to main post.

1. Place the DTC folder in AddOn
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\AddOn

2. Place the DTC.lvl file in SIDE folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\Data\_LVL_PC\SIDE

You can play single player on hard as empire for standard 1v2 training against AI to get used to the speed, and the map should be hosted using server tools if you want to play online or else the reinforcements will be unequal.

For server hosts only
[spoiler]You need to specify 25 tickets for each side or it will default to 10-25 by using this command: /maps DTC 25 25
I will upload a root server folder by Friday with the common mods and other needed files to host server.[/spoiler]

We have 10 participants, so the Tournament will last for 5 weeks, with the final top placement rounds taking place before December 13th.
Good luck to all participants, the ladder should be up by Thursday. Let me know if the map has any bugs or crashes.