different props for different eras

Started by Sereja, July 09, 2012, 02:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
In SWBF2 Dagodah map, you may find different props in different eras, like x-wing in GCW, and LAAT in CW. Is it possible the same in SWBF1?
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

I think there must be.  For example on Cloud City, in GCW you see Han Solo frozen in carbonite, in CW era, you don't.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Interesting idea, but unfortunately bespin forklift, it is animated prop, like a door, and creators just disable it's trigger for CW, by this line in .odf:
DisableForCloneWars = "1"
My theory is next: the props must be call, from the side folders, like different sky objects, but for now, I have no success in this... :'(

I was poking around the folders in this: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=596
And I think sleepkiller might have discovered how to do it.
Extract, go to data, lvlpc, dag.    Then you see a gunship.world and a xwing.world. I don't know if it has different props for different eras because he only made it available in the clone wars era.  :confused:
If you play the level it has only a gunship instead of a gunship and  xwing fused together.
I'm pretty sure this was gonna be the dagobah he was gonna release with his canceled mod. (  :'( )
I hope this helped. I really am no good when it comes to modding...

Hmm... Strange, but I never sow before this file format: "WORLD". It seems, the game just do not read it... Probably SleepKiller, try to create some mod, like "main play mod 6" or something, and those files just it is, what was left from those idea...

Total success at last!!!  :cheer: Now, I can make a different props for diferent eras! I always knew, the easy way is better! (No high programming/modding knowlege requered).
I will share my discovery, but it cud be nice, if you credit me, if you use it in your maps. ;)
Ok, here the tutorial, for creating "eraprops" :

All, you need to do, it is make standard procedure adding custom vehicles in your map, but the difference is next: instead vehicle .msh, you need to add in to your side folder .msh of prop, you need.
The vehicle must be flyer, and this is example of com_prop_gcw.odf:

[GameObjectClass]

ClassLabel = "flyer"
GeometryName = "bes1_bldg_main01.msh"

[Properties]

GeometryName = "bes1_bldg_main01"

PilotType = "self"
Controllable = "0"

FoleyFXGroup    = "metal_foley"

You may localise each "eraprop", and left name window empty. Also, in zeroeditor, you must edit com_item_vehicle_spawn, and add this parameters:

SpawnTime
DecayTime

The CP should never be neutral ofcourse.
Now, just like you can make different vehicle spawn for different era, you may do the same for spawn "eraprop", for example com_prop_cw.odf.

Known issues:
1. it is hard, to well set props, becouse you can see only usual spawn arrow. Still after some tryings, it is may be solved. Also, you may try to change arrow msh, to your "eraprop" msh in com_item_vehicle_spawn.odf, for zeroeditor view, but I am not sure, the position still will be correct.
2. You must remember: all your "eraprops" are realy flyers, so, they takes some memory, and theyr count is limited.

Happy modding! :)

Thanks for sharing but I really don't understand it, and why not just use
DisableForCloneWars = "1"

July 13, 2012, 09:52:18 AM #7 Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 10:54:54 AM by Sereja
Becouse this line disabled trigger for animated props, but not the prop itself. For example, if you add DisableForCloneWars = "1" for some door, the door still be exist in CW era, but it never open. That's it.
-Edit
Sorry, for my chaotic style, but if you know, how to add custom vehicles to your map, there should be no problem with understing my tutorial. Still, if not, you may ask.   ;)