How To Make Fonts Invisible?

Started by Phobos, October 22, 2011, 01:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm wondering how to make fonts invisible (alpha channel) in core.lvl? It appears BattleBelk did this to make reinforcements invisible. It would also make chat invisible.

This is the only information I could find about it.

Quote from: Riley Papershttp://i.imgur.com/WnFAl.png

Possible to hex edit out the tex_ chunks to remove color?

This thread is not needed you already have your other one  ;) But as I told you before making the fonts invisable would cause unintentional damge to game text as well as chat. And I think all BB did was hide the HUD  Teancum recently mentioned something about being able to hide the HUD on gametoast. (Too bad you had to respond to his requests for pictures in a violent fashion, else you may have your answer. Semi-ironic don't you think?)

BTW, way I am in no way attacking you so please do not take it that way.

Quote from: SleepKiller on October 22, 2011, 02:11:59 AM
This thread is not needed you already have your other one  ;) But as I told you before making the fonts invisable would cause unintentional damge to game text as well as chat. And I think all BB did was hide the HUD  Teancum recently mentioned something about being able to hide the HUD on gametoast. (Too bad you had to respond to his requests for pictures in a violent fashion, else you may have your answer. Semi-ironic don't you think?)

BTW, way I am in no way attacking you so please do not take it that way.
This thread is needed to explore the details further and centralize all discussion in case an answer develops. ;)
It was teancum who tried to blackmail me, I find it ironic you think I might care about his worthless input. I already mentioned I successful hid all HUD Interface textures, all that is left was fonts and text.

From what I gathered Teancum simply forgot that the rule he was talking about had never been posted in the main set of rules and was never posted in the SWBF1 forum thus a modder like yourself would miss it, since they only put it in the SWBFII WIP forum. And you not knowing the rule thought you were in the clear. And I think Teancum did not mean editing comm.lvl I think he meant the game itself has a hidden funtion to hide the HUD.

Perhaps another method to keep players from chatting would be to force a key binding change for chat.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Buckler on October 22, 2011, 05:53:11 AM
Perhaps another method to keep players from chatting would be to force a key binding change for chat.
As Cull says, anything is possible. I'm more interested in a way to hide/show the chat from client view using a trainer, like I said mostly for when servers are packed full with 32+ people - the chat is like an endless spamming distraction of words taking up 15% of the screen. What memory hackers would work for this? I know of cheat engine, autoIT, and something else called OllyDBG which I haven't tested yet.

Well I would say find a veriable that changes when chat is sent use cheat engine to null out the code that is changing this veriable. Don't know if that would work, just a thought.

I have run various tests for hypothetical solutions. Here are the results:
- Removing the references for the different size .font in the common.req causes instant crash upon certain menu selection or map start.
- Hex editing lines from suspected .script files either results in no change or instant crash (no sptest logs).
- Editing the fff files using the fonteditor.exe in sleepkillers builder results in instant crash (untested in 32bit).

There are more ideas I have but they are a bit more abstract. A simple /command line switch in the shortcut for exe to certain interface elements could very well exist I will do some digging.

Quote from: Phobos Developer on October 30, 2011, 02:34:09 PM
I have run various tests for hypothetical solutions. Here are the results:
- Removing the references for the different size .font in the common.req causes instant crash upon certain menu selection or map start.
- Hex editing lines from suspected .script files either results in no change or instant crash (no sptest logs).
- Editing the fff files using the fonteditor.exe in sleepkillers builder results in instant crash (untested in 32bit).

There are more ideas I have but they are a bit more abstract. A simple /command line switch in the shortcut for exe to certain interface elements could very well exist I will do some digging.
Here is what BattleBelk did, first open up SWBF go ingame spawn enter freecam then exit freecam. All the HUD elements that were shown in the video to be missing will be missing. Case closed.

Saw a server with disabled chat, also played on a server in wich the admin disabled the chat DURING the map, but don't know how...

@SleepKiller : I still have the HUD after using freecam, I have the effect you talk about only on swbf2.

October 30, 2011, 02:54:19 PM #11 Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 02:58:56 PM by Phobos Developer
Quote from: SleepKiller on October 30, 2011, 02:44:35 PM
Here is what BattleBelk did, first open up SWBF go ingame spawn enter freecam then exit freecam. All the HUD elements that were shown in the video to be missing will be missing. Case closed.
Case is not closed, and that is NOT what battlebelk did. He is not freecamming in his videos, if you had watched them you would know that he is recording from unit camera view.

The chat sometimes gets disabled when people spam a lot, but I can see if someone knew enough about cheat engine they could make a trainer for enable/disable the chat function in their server. That would be different than a client mod which simply makes the chat fonts alpha channel.

You have indirectly given me an idea sleepkiller, look in freecam script for the code that picks out which hud elements to hide.

Quote from: Syrion on October 30, 2011, 02:50:13 PM
Saw a server with disabled chat, also played on a server in wich the admin disabled the chat DURING the map, but don't know how...

@SleepKiller : I still have the HUD after using freecam, I have the effect you talk about only on swbf2.
Ah. so it is.

July 10, 2012, 07:03:30 AM #13 Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 07:12:37 AM by Unit 33
Hello people. So i have an question. I maked all strings in game invisible. But question is that: Can i found some how in description of font's a description of only numbers of that font. I just need to change only that. So maybe it is some kind of markers there. Will be great if someone explain me it.
-Thank you for your time!-

And ye , it was great post Phobos about description of fonts. It helped me a lot.

I think that you can build a font and just make the numbers clear.  But I think you have to remake the whole font.  I think phobos did it--it is a lot of work, from what I understand.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet