Mod maps and files arent working

Started by [FC]Eternal, November 28, 2014, 04:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So recently after returning to play swbf i attempted to add some mad maps, skins, and common level files. I followed all of the instructions completely but the files and maps I was trying to add didn't work at all. For example after adding the DTC map in the correct files, when i went in-game the maps were still missing. Anyder tried to help me through team viewer but the map was still missing. If anyone has any ideas please let me know, I'd appreciate it.
[FC]Warlord.Death

Please verify that you only have about 20 maps in Addon and make sure that tat3 (Jabba's Palace is one that is left in there).

(If you have too many mod maps, then some of them won't show up.)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

The only mod maps that I have are tat3 and the one I'm currently trying to add, the DTC map.
[FC]Warlord.Death

This might not sound helpful at the moment, but is the map missing in both Singleplayer and Multiplayer, or is it missing in just Multiplayer?
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

It's missing in both Singleplayer and Multiplayer
[FC]Warlord.Death

Well, assuming you haven't tried this already, I would recommend removing all of your current DTC files and repeating the installation process. Remove the DTC files/folders in your AddOn folder, and the DTC side file from your SIDE folder.

Here is the post with the download attached: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=8174.msg91256#msg91256

Then you might want to get the updated Missions... http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=8174.msg91346#msg91346

And last but not least, the updated DTC SIDE file... http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=8174.msg91442#msg91442

These are all fairly self-explanatory to install, but if you have any trouble figuring it all out then let me know.

If all of these changes finally do NOT work, then I'm not sure what I can do further.
If they do work, well then good job! I'll be seein' ya 'round the game!
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Ultimo, i connected to his PC before and reinstalled the mod. But when i added the addon part, it started giving a weird problem.
He has only 2 maps and everything should work fine as all files are in his AddOn and SIDE folder
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Check the "virtual store".   
Windows makes a copy of frequently used files and caches them and can prevent changes from being applied.  Your best bet is to use google to learn how to delete it for SWBF.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I think Virtual Store is your problem as Led said.

To get to virtual store folder:
type %temp% or %tmp% in the address bar of windows explorer (not internet explorer), go up one folder to "Local," then find \VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData.

I always end up deleting anything in that addon folder and reinstalling the mod/map. (It is safe to delete the entire "Star Wars Battlefront" Directory from Virtual store, but you may loose some saved profiles or screenshots.

Quote from: Anyder on November 29, 2014, 01:09:32 AM
Ultimo, i connected to his PC before and reinstalled the mod. But when i added the addon part, it started giving a weird problem.
He has only 2 maps and everything should work fine as all files are in his AddOn and SIDE folder

Sorry. I was just doing what I could think of.
I've never had a Virtual Store problem, so I don't know the drill with fixing that.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

I've looked into the Virtual Store\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData. After this point the only file in there is the SaveGames folder which only contains three of my profiles in game. I will attach a photo of the weird problem that Anyder was talking about when he tried helping me install the mod.
[FC]Warlord.Death

November 29, 2014, 09:22:53 PM #11 Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 09:34:16 PM by Dark_Phantasmagorical
That looks like an extraction issue.  Note that the folder listed is a temporary folder.  My suggestion is this:
1.)  If you can, redownload the mod.  Hit "Save" instead of just "Open" (skip step 1 if you can find the file in a folder that isn't temporary with a crazy name, like C:\Users\xxx\Downloads)
2.)  If I recall, it is a 7z file.  Using 7zip, copy the mod outside, into the "Downloads" or "Desktop" or whatever, just not directly in Program Files.  Copying directly into Program Files from a program that isn't just Windows Explorer can cause weird issues exactly like this.
3.)  Make sure permissions are right in the folders you are copying to.  Is your account Admin?  Is the folder listed as Read-Only?

Try some of these and I will try to give more suggestions.

Side Note -- you may want to run Windows Disk Cleanup Program or CCleaner to clean out that folder in case something in the temp folder is causing weird issues.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Alright thanks for the suggestions. I ran the Disk Cleanup to check for any issues and fixed what it found. I tried running the mods on another PC because I was just curios and they worked so now I'm almost positive that I have a corrupted file somewhere on my system. I'll continue to look into it and see if I can provide anymore detail. Thanks for the help  :tu:
[FC]Warlord.Death