Power up canisters in Battlefront 1/2 types need help!

Started by Ginev, February 09, 2016, 12:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
OK so in Battlefront 1 there is blue bacta canister which heals and red little box which gives you ammo.

However in Battlefront 2 three new powerups are added.

The yellow canister which gives you stamina (you can run,roll again)
The red canister which gives your double damage (your weapon make extra damage)
and finally the green canister which.....for 10 years of playing i still dont know what is doing.

I was thinking should i mention this here but it seems im not the only one.

So what is doing the green canister powerup and one side moding quest is there a way to make your own powerup effect taht can give you something different?

Sorry if this is not the right place to post this but i dont know where to put this.  :shrug:

I tried a couple of Google searches for you but this stupid "EA Star Wars" :censored: comes up. Sick of seeing that thing  :rant:

I've always wondered this to be fair. I'd assume that if nobody knows, it'd be in the script some where which should help us understand what it does. Maybe it's something to do with the score? I don't know.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Well i made my own search...in the modtools itself.Well...i think this is the defence buff.So basically it makes your harder to be killed but the effect its just too weak.It gives you 0.5 more armor as i look into the defence powerup.I wonder what other types we could make... :D

March 04, 2016, 05:22:07 PM #3 Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 05:28:49 PM by Anthony_b
Battlefront 2 powerups;

Red - damage increase
Green - damage reduction
Yellow - energy
Blue - health
Red/white box - ammo
dual pack (Red/whitebox+blue) - health + ammo

Red and green powerups last about 30 seconds, how ever you can get the same bonus by earning awards;
12 points while living 1 life, energy boost
24 points while living 1 life, damage reduction
36 points while living 1 life, damage increase

You lose the bonuses the next time you die.

Modding related, here is a list of some things I made possible when picking up canisters
1) attach a bothan powerup (health bubble)
2) attach a leia powerup (invincible bubble)
3) poison effect
4) bothan effect

Also you can put negative values, for example if blue health pack has -100 you will lose 100 health when you take it  :P
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

Can you explain me what exactly are doing 2 and 4?Leia and Bothan effects?

The bothan effect, I do not think actually does anything, it's just a little visual thing (the black/grey smoke on your body)

Now, how ever I was able to make powerups gives you the Leia health bubble.

Look at the file sides\all\odf\all_weap_inf_buff_invuln_ord.odf

and get these particular codes:

BuffDefenseTimer = "10"
BuffDefenseMult  = "0.05"
BuffHealthTimer = "10"
BuffHealthRate = "20"

And put them inside of any powerup odf file located in the common\odf section in your mod project folder.

You'll then munge and use the new ingame.lvl, and when you play with this new ingame.lvl and tag a powerup you will get the Leia bubble
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.