Star Wars Battlefront 2 Ultimate Pack

Started by TheGangstarTY, November 16, 2015, 12:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello!

I want to start off by saying I did NOT make/help make this, I have nothing to do with the development of this. However I'm just here to share it with those who may not have heard of it.

This has been out for quite a while now and it's a sort of addon for Star Wars Battlefront 2. It does not give you the game for free, you are still required to have the base game. This just adds and edits the base game.
The addon is made by "|)in-d1n" (Artemiy) whom is from Russia. He's made this addon to be available for various different languages.

The Ultimate Pack adds a launcher which allows you to easily switch between your custom mods (anything stored in the "Star Wars Battlefront 2>GameData>Addon" folder), Galactic Conquest Mods, a choice between two different mod packs he's put together and also allows you to play without any mods and just the vanilla game. Better yet, this is even changing features if you choose not to have mods. Artemiy has changed the loading screens, fonts, video previews (so you can now see what the map looks like before playing it) and lots more.
The launcher also helps you profit from the download since it comes with various different bug fixes that you can turn on and off from the launcher. He also added the ability to put on cheats from the launcher today!

This mod will not be updated any more (I don't think) but it's still worth downloading. You can even still play multiplayer! I find this an easier way to use Star Wars Battlefront 2 and from the looks of it, the graphics are better too. I'd say it's basically a remade version of Star Wars Battlefront 2.

If you like the sound of it, click here to go to the Steam page!

Or just click the spoiler to find the URL if the above method didn't work:
[spoiler]http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=329101988[/spoiler]

Thanks, hope I helped, and have a great day :D
- TheGangstarTY
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Wtf, that guy included my mod but i gave him no permission to upload it. Also he is asking for donations...wtf...he didnt make any of those mods. Im pretty t'd that he is even asking for donations.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Quote from: 411Remnant on November 16, 2015, 05:19:00 PM
Wtf, that guy included my mod but i gave him no permission to upload it. Also he is asking for donations...wtf...he didnt make any of those mods. Im pretty t'd that he is even asking for donations.

Looks like the GT guys are on it...
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

November 17, 2015, 03:31:09 AM #3 Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 03:32:42 AM by TheGangstarTY
Quote from: 411Remnant on November 16, 2015, 05:19:00 PM
Ouch, sorry to hear that. What mod is yours?
Either way, he did mention that he didn't make the mods, he just made the launcher, added quicker options and new fonts/loading screens etc... So I guess he could still have donations?

Quote from: Led on November 16, 2015, 07:16:49 PM
Looks like the GT guys are on it...
GT guys? Who are they, may I ask?
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

GT = GameToast

most of those mods were "appropriated" by that person.

They will unleash their wrath upon him  ;)

Taking money for mods is generally considered a bad thing to do.

Quote from: Led on November 17, 2015, 05:51:49 AM
GT = GameToast

most of those mods were "appropriated" by that person.

They will unleash their wrath upon him  ;)

Taking money for mods is generally considered a bad thing to do.
Sheesh! It's getting taken down? I just read the discussion: http://gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=31741

This is a bit harsh since he removed the Donation button instantly and then was going to credit people. I sort of wish Guru hadn't taken such an action. The donation button was only up for a day as well :/

November 17, 2015, 10:18:35 PM #6 Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 10:22:03 PM by 411Remnant
 :ohmy:  He was going to have to remove my mod from it along with some other people"s mods anyway. Since there were quite a few of us upset that no one was credited and he had used a tool to mix and match mods with totally different gameplay styles.

Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

November 18, 2015, 12:38:19 AM #7 Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 12:47:08 AM by Led
Quote from: 411Remnant on November 17, 2015, 10:18:35 PM
:ohmy:  He was going to have to remove my mod from it along with some other people"s mods anyway. Since there were quite a few of us upset that no one was credited and he had used a tool to mix and match mods with totally different gameplay styles.

Yes, that was in bad form to use the modders work without permission.

I will say however, that a DMCA takedown notice is ridiculous.  While modders work should be respected, it is LucasArts that owns the work, not us modders, as per the agreement in the mod tools.

http://www.copyrightalliance.org/2012/03/in-plain-english-a-quick-guide-to-dmca-takedown-notices

1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.

"In Plain English": You must be the copyright owner (or the authorized representative of the owner), to report a suspected infringement. You should identify yourself that way, and you must sign the letter.

However, in this day and age, I am sure Steam will take the attitude of shoot first and ask questions later...

mods tools EULA
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=3983.0

Any and all Star Wars creations, regardless of their source or creator,
are copyrighted and trademarked by Lucasfilm LTD ALL RIGHTS RESERVED and
can be used by anyone according to the copyright and trademark enforcement
policies of Lucasfilm LTD.

Any and all game mods and mod elements relating to Star Wars regardless of
their source are the property of Lucasfilm LTD and can be used freely without
permission in accordance with Lucasfilm copyright guidelines as outlined in
the game's and/or mod tools EULA.

Modders hold no copyright or trademark claims over Lucasfilm LTD properties.
Permission is not required to use or create derivative works in accordance
with Lucasfilm LTD copyright guidelines.

No entity can prohibit or allow the use or distribution of Lucasfilm LTD
properties but Lucasfilm LTD.

Quote from: Led on November 18, 2015, 12:38:19 AM
Any and all Star Wars creations, regardless of their source or creator,
are copyrighted and trademarked by Lucasfilm LTD ALL RIGHTS RESERVED and
can be used by anyone according to the copyright and trademark enforcement
policies of Lucasfilm LTD.

Any and all game mods and mod elements relating to Star Wars regardless of
their source are the property of Lucasfilm LTD and can be used freely without
permission in accordance with Lucasfilm copyright guidelines as outlined in
the game's and/or mod tools EULA.

Modders hold no copyright or trademark claims over Lucasfilm LTD properties.
Permission is not required to use or create derivative works in accordance
with Lucasfilm LTD copyright guidelines.

No entity can prohibit or allow the use or distribution of Lucasfilm LTD
properties but Lucasfilm LTD.

So this means that he can be allowed to just re-upload it, right? Just not make money from it.

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on November 18, 2015, 08:32:12 AM
So this means that he can be allowed to just re-upload it, right? Just not make money from it.

You can even accept money, but only enough to cover basic costs, i.e. you cannot profit from it.

But my main point is that the GT guys are very protective (and rightly so) but need to realize that it appears to me that he did not violate the modding terms set forth by LucasArts/Films.  I'm not a lawyer of course, but neither are they :P

Keep in mind that filefront must have gotten all sorts of money through advertisement revenue for hosting those mods over the years...and there really is no difference in my mind about them or this guy getting money.

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on November 18, 2015, 08:32:12 AM

Maybe, but it's not right to include someone else's mod without even asking for permission first. It looked like a cool compilation honestly, but it's just wrong to use someone else's mod without asking for their permission.

Quote from: DylanRocket on November 18, 2015, 12:40:23 PM
Maybe, but it's not right to include someone else's mod without even asking for permission first. It looked like a cool compilation honestly, but it's just wrong to use someone else's mod without asking for their permission.

It may be not nice, but is within the terms of the EULA.

November 18, 2015, 02:51:46 PM #12 Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 02:54:58 PM by TheGangstarTY
Quote from: Led on November 18, 2015, 12:25:41 PM
You can even accept money, but only enough to cover basic costs, i.e. you cannot profit from it.

But my main point is that the GT guys are very protective (and rightly so) but need to realize that it appears to me that he did not violate the modding terms set forth by LucasArts/Films.  I'm not a lawyer of course, but neither are they :P

Keep in mind that filefront must have gotten all sorts of money through advertisement revenue for hosting those mods over the years...and there really is no difference in my mind about them or this guy getting money.
Quote from: DylanRocket on November 18, 2015, 12:40:23 PM

Yea, I agree with DylanRocket, it's a great way to help players organise their game better and get the best mods quicker but it's just still wrong to forget who made these mods. Obviously, according to the rules set out by Lucas Arts, he didn't have to ask them to put their mods in his package. However if that was me I would've made sure I at least credited everyone.
Due to previous copyright strikes I've had before on things I've worked quite hard on, I'm not willing to make the same mistake in which I'm now aware of some copyright rules. I hope the creator of this pack learns that it is still a bit wrong (which from speaking to him it sounds like he now knows and deeply regrets his decision) to forget who made the content he placed into his massive set and, like I did, go onto making things correctly, and feel a lot prouder about his work like I now do.
I used to get copyright strikes 24/7 when modding but now I've learnt my lesson and finally, no strikes are coming up yet. However, I do fear slightly that my current project (Civilization - Star Wars Total Conversion) may get copyright striked by EA since they are the biggest :censored: I've ever spoken to. But hey ho, Star Wars Battlecry has a bigger risk than I do.

[This was meant to be typed in red but I dunno how to forum so...]
Sorry, I just really dislike EA as you can probably tell
[/This was meant to be typed in red but I dunno how to forum so...]

anyone have any spare download for this pack? really want to play this.

If anyone does reply, do so through PM.