MP3 to WAV converter for SWBF2?

Started by i2Bros, November 26, 2017, 04:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Is there a specific converter? Or what program is the fittest for this operation?
"Come on, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?"
- Lieutenant Rasczak speaking to the Roughnecks troopers

I do not believe SWBF1/2 has a specific converter - the files might have settings they want, but not a specific converter.  Audacity is a good tool for converting audio files.  You may want to dig through the forums and see who else has done it for the specific game you are using.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

i2Bros I use this to convert .mp4, .mp3, etc to .wav format: https://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-wav

First insert your file by clicking choose file, then go to Change audio channels and change it to mono, finally click convert file.

Quote from: LitFam on November 26, 2017, 07:37:02 AM
i2Bros I use this to convert .mp4, .mp3, etc to .wav format: https://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-wav

First insert your file by clicking choose file, then go to Change audio channels and change it to mono, finally click convert file.

Thanks. Can you please also tell me how I can set up assets for a deployable shield?

Quote from: i2Bros on November 26, 2017, 08:33:38 AM
Thanks. Can you please also tell me how I can set up assets for a deployable shield?

EDIT: I have followed the instructions but the sound isnt there in the game.

those are the files:
[spoiler]
cws/effects/rep_blaster_carbine_sound.wav

cws/cws.sfx
[spoiler]// Unit Weapons -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
effects\rep_sniper_scope_full_charge.wav    -resample xbox 22050 pc 22050
effects\rep_blaster_carbine_sound.wav    -resample xbox 22050 pc 22050
[/spoiler]

cws/cwscw.req
[spoiler]
ucft
{
    REQN
    {
        "bnk"
        "align=2048"
        "cwscw"
        "cws"
    }

REQN
    {
        "config"
        "cwsweapons"
    }
}
[/spoiler]

cws/cwsweapons.snd
[spoiler]
SoundProperties()
{
    Name("rep_blaster_carbine_sound");
    Group("weapons");
    Inherit("weapon_template");
    SampleList()
    {
        Sample("rep_blaster_carbine_sound", 1.0);
    }
}
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Did you copy the .lvl sound file to your ***/data/lvl_pc/Sound in your addon folder, also did you enable the sound file in your .lua script?

Quote from: LitFam on November 26, 2017, 05:12:20 PM
Did you copy the .lvl sound file to your ***/data/lvl_pc/Sound in your addon folder, also did you enable the sound file in your .lua script?
ehm no. But I thought munging would copy the .lvl on his own. What shall I do with the .lua thing?