Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (Formerly Star Wars Battlefront Legacy)

Started by Giftheck, March 07, 2016, 01:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Been working on the first hunt map of Phase 2 today: Dune Sea - Tuskens vs Jawas. I've created a modified version of the Dune Sea map (the Jawas start in the Sandcrawler and the Tuskens at the Tusken camp - there are no other CPs). It's pretty fun. There are two Jawas: one with a Ion Pistol and Fusion Cutter, and the other with a CA-87 and a powerup dispenser. I need to diversify the Tuskens a bit though: at the moment, the Tusken Raider has only a Cycler Rifle and the Tusken Hunter only has a Sniper Rifle.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

I've just realised Imperial X1 looks quite similar to a character in the Poe Dameron comics.
Either it's a coincidence, or dead SWBF3 content is still being referred to in-house over at Lucas Arts, either way... neat!

I haven't checked up on this project in a while, and the stuff you're working on is mind blowing. Great stuff!

Quote from: Unit 33 on March 21, 2017, 01:31:33 AM
I've just realised Imperial X1 looks quite similar to a character in the Poe Dameron comics.
Either it's a coincidence, or dead SWBF3 content is still being referred to in-house over at Lucas Arts, either way... neat!
Wait which character is that?

Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 22, 2017, 08:22:02 AM
Wait which character is that?
Maybe I'm correlating something that isn't really there but...
Captain Terex.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Similar haircut, moustache and tattoo in the same place on his forehead.

Big thanks to Ginev, I've just performed a test for seamless ground-tos-pace in the original game. AND IT WORKS!

I'm testing on Dune Sea ATM. Haven't worked all the kinks out yet (I think I've placed the 'horizon' object a bit too high, it needs to be lowered a bit), but otherwise - yes, seamless ground-to-space IS possible in the original game!

I will want to fashion some lower-res (and possibly destroyable) capital ships to spawn starships from. Shouldn't be difficult to do.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Thats very good Gistech.Soon i will show a video of my newest ground to space transition.I think its much better.Soon.

I'm rebuilding some of the weapon models from scratch, particularly those that I've borrowed from EA's game.

I started off with the DLT-19, which gave me an idea I wanted to run past you first: some are saying the Dark Trooper's Assault Cannon is OP. While it is indeed based off the Squadron line of games, I was considering giving the T-21 to the Dark Trooper to replace the Assault Cannon, and instead giving the Shock Trooper the DLT-19.

Here's a pic of the DLT-19, BTW:

I'm also toying with the idea of giving the Rebel Sniper the A280-CFE as opposed to the DLT-19X I was going to give them.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Busy busy with stuff for this mod.

Here's a list of changes I've made so far, predominantly for the GCW:

[spoiler]Rebel Alliance:
-Replaced the Rebel Soldier's A280C model with my own model.
-Sullustians will serve as Rebel Vanguards.
-Twileks will serve as Rebel Snipers
-Replaced the Rebel Marksman's weapons with the A280-CFE in Sniper Configuration and the A280-CFE in pistol configuration as the Scout Pistol.
-Replaced the Wookie Smuggler's Homing Shot model with my own model. See following images.
-Added in more map variants for all troopers: Urban (using the former Rebel Vanguard skin) and Volcano have been added in. Rebel Soldier also gets a Scarif Pathfinder skin on Kashyyyk: Docks. Rebel Vanguard and Rebel Marksman now get the same variants, bar the Scarif Pathfinder skin.

Galactic Empire:
-Replaced the Shock Trooper's T-21 Heavy Blaster with the DLT-19 (new model).
-Replaced the Dark Trooper's Assault Cannon with the T-21 Heavy Blaster.
-Altered the fuel on the Dark Trooper's jetpack to use more fuel.
-Fixed the TIE Pilot's helmet texture and UV maps to look like it should.
-Replaced the T-21 and MPL-57 models with my own models.
-Added Magmatrooper and Navy Commando variants for the Stormtrooper.

General:
-Sound effects changes
-Command post models have been replaced with models based on the Elite Squadron command posts (with textures from SWBF3)[/spoiler]

Here's some screenshots of work I've done:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
In Progress:

On Hold:

A lot of the models I've posted are also being used in Phase 2. I won't need to post shots, but I have a Jyn Erso and A180 (all versions) now. A couple of extra things:

AT-ACT (from Pinball FX):

[spoiler][/spoiler]

TIE Striker (new model):

[spoiler][/spoiler]

The Emperor (new Imperial hero, won't have a Lightsaber, his attacks are based on the DICE game):
[spoiler][/spoiler]
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: Gistech on May 14, 2017, 01:02:11 AM
A lot of the models I've posted are also being used in Phase 2. I won't need to post shots, but I have a Jyn Erso and A180 (all versions) now. A couple of extra things:

AT-ACT (from Pinball FX):

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Honestly, i prefer your "home made" AT-ACT Walker that this pre-fab one  :P
"When will you fools learn? No one escapes Commander Fox"
—Fox, after apprehending another criminal

https://media.giphy.com/media/2GjgvS5vA6y08/giphy.gif

May 14, 2017, 09:22:07 AM #206 Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 09:38:49 AM by Gistech
The first one I did is too high-poly for my purposes because it used the SWBF3 AT-AT as its starting point, and it's also using EA meshes for the cargo pod and head (even if I had to re-UV the head) and I wanted to move away from using EA meshes as much as I could. Plus, stylistically, it doesn't match the AT-AT I'm using now (which is a comination of stock and Pinball FX AT-AT, with the Pinball FX AT-AT texture). Lowering the poly count is also not going to be helpful because there's just too much detail that's in the mesh and not in the textures, and I like the Pinball FX one because it actually looks like the one from the film.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Also:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Though the map has progressed a smidgeon since then. This is my first ever map, and it's going to be included in Phase 2's base game. I'm planning on using this map as a learning tool, but I'll also release this map on its own. Funnily enough, placing the boundary, I realised my original drawing of three islands wasn't going to cut it unless I wanted the island separated hugely, and I don't. So I've improvised a bit and decided to add a few more islands to break up the water. The AT-ACT was originally going to come in from the south-east and have to get up to the north-east to get to Shuttle SW-0608, but I've decided instead that I want to put it at the south-western point by the Landing Pad and have another island to the east behind the tower.

I'm using Gogie's brilliant Scarif assets though it's impossible for me to use some of them as they are too high poly (mainly the bridges and landing pads).

I also know now how to make the islands look more natural with the water with the blend tool.
In Progress:

On Hold:

So, with the college year drawing to a close I actually will have time to work on this again. I'm hoping to have Phase 2 Base done before I go away on Holiday at the end of August.

I've made quite a few changes, and these will be shown through the Scarif map:

-General sound effect changes
-Altering of units. I will get to these below
-Altering of vehicles.
-Less reliance on EA sounds.

So, here are the changes I've done for the units:

[spoiler]GENERAL:
-Pilot Engineers no longer carry a Detpack. Their Fusion Cutter is returned to Secondary Weapon status, and they all get a new secondary weapon.
-Snipers will get the Detpack, and their Scout Pistols will vary in operation dependant on faction.

REPUBLIC:
-Still working out what to give the Clone Engineer for its second weapon and the Sniper for its Scout Pistol.

CIS:
-Moved the WESTAR 34 to the Droid Assassin to serve as their Comando Pistol. Instead, the Battle Droid will have an E-5 Blaster Pistol, a modified version of the E-5 Blaster Rifle created by me when I altered the E-5 model.
-Droid Pilot will have the Modified E-5 Blaster Pistol

REBELS:
-Dependant on map, the skin and firing sound for the Rebel Blaster Rifle will change between A280, A280C and A300.
-Rebel Pilot/Engineer will have the DL-18 Blaster Pistol.
-Rebel Sniper will have the A280CFE Sniper Rifle and A280CFE Blaster Pistol configurations

EMPIRE:
-Stormtrooper will have the SE-14R Blaster Pistol instead of the SE-14C.
-Shock Trooper will have the DLT-19 Blaster Rifle instead of the T-21.
-Imperial Pilot/Engineer will have the SE-14C Blaster Pistol.
-The Dark Trooper will have the T-21 instead of the Assault Cannon.[/spoiler]
In Progress:

On Hold:

I've resumed work on the mod. Some really interesting stuff coming in. I've drawn a bit of inspiration from the Assault on Theed gameplay shown at E-3 for the Clone Wars (though I'm not sure whether I'm changing the skins or models too much)
In Progress:

On Hold: