Star Wars Battlefront Uprising [Official Production Thread]

Started by Giftheck, October 21, 2015, 12:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

These days they're Phase II Dark Troopers  :P

Actually, I did have to relocate the wrist blaster to the right wrist (should be on the left) becaue SWBF can't do firepoints on the left arm without recreating the animation bank.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Phase I, the 'test' phase for the units, is underway. I'm working today so I won't be able to deidcate my day to working out any kinks in it, but I have so far had to make one minor change before even launching the test (Purge Trooper has had to have an Ion Grenade instead of Cluster Grenades as there's no Spread option for grenades - I remember Napseeker doing cluster grenades but that might have been via a mortar launcher rather than a thrown version)
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

So, after testing Phase I, I came to the following conclusions:

-The Low-Res versions of certain models need fixing. My method otherwise works for replacing low-res with high-res counterparts. If only we had a way of increasing the model memory (I'd like to have it doubled).
-I don't need quite so many new SFX. Sorry, new Rebel Rifle, unique shotgun and unique light rifle sounds, you all gotta go (the CIS lightrifle still uses a 'unique' sound but I just borrowed it from the Wrist Shrapnel weapon, so it's not a new sound - I'm now using stock rifle sounds for the other lightrifles except the Republic lightrifle which uses the new rifle sound and the shotguns all use the SWBF2 sound)
-Got to fix some sounds. I can't get the Explosive Blaster SFX working atm.
-Seems the game hates some custom skeletons. I cannot get the MagnaGuard skeleton in the game without a crash. However, the MagnaGuard skeleton turns out to be very close to the stock Wookie skeleton, so that's what the MagnaGuard uses. I could, however, swear I had gotten the custom Yoda skeleton in the game before, and the skeleton I was using was from Sereja's Otoh Gunga assets. Ah, well, like I said it's no skin off my bones (no pun intended).

Other notes:
-Given what I have been told by Ginev, it should be 100% possible to have seamless ground to space in the first game. You'd create a 'skydome' that appears as your sky on one side and the planet mesh on the other.
-There will be maps based on Elite Squadron in Phase IV, but given my plans to repurpose 10 stock maps for the seamless space-to-ground, Bespin, Yavin IV, Endor, Tatooine and Hoth will not be ported.
-Speaking of Elite Squadron, I sent a letter to LucasArts asking if they could allow me the use of assets from Elite Squadron (the high-resolution ones). I plan on ripping models from the game if this falls through (which I am fully prepared to happen).
-I plan on giving both the AT-AT and AT-ST their proper sounds, mixed from various sources. The Soundboards provide the Heavy Chin cannon blast sound with some mixing from the new SWBF game. The walker footsteps are mixed from the footstep and mechanic sounds from SWBFEA as well.
In Progress:

On Hold:

In the next few days I shall be moving on to a new laptop with Windows 10 64 bit. Anybody have experience modding 64 bit? From what I gather it's possible, but I have no idea if I can do the mapping I want to do in this mod. At the very least I should be able to create mods and models if not maps, though, right?
In Progress:

On Hold:

Right. Maybe a test map or an edited version of one of the vanilla maps would be a good starting point.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

I'm more or less wondering if Zeroedit works on Windows 10 64bit rather than doubting whetjer I can map or not.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Okay, so I've done some evaluation and as things get more detailed, I'm starting to wonder if it would be better for my mod to be produced in SWBFII instead of SWBF.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: Gistech on January 07, 2016, 02:14:13 PM
Okay, so I've done some evaluation and as things get more detailed, I'm starting to wonder if it would be better for my mod to be produced in SWBFII instead of SWBF.

Nooooooooooo!

:P
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

:tu: Well you could probably get away with more on SWBF2. Then you could port back stuff into SWBf1 later on.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

My thinking exactly. My unit models are getting too detailed to work unaltered in the first game but the second has bigger memory. Plus a few of the things I want to do are very tricky to pull off in the first game if not impossible.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Thats why i also moved to Battlefront 2.Because i can't make space battles in Battlefront 1.

I would say the 2nd one....The gameplay is more energetic... :P
"When will you fools learn? No one escapes Commander Fox"
—Fox, after apprehending another criminal

https://media.giphy.com/media/2GjgvS5vA6y08/giphy.gif

Just in case I haven't made my intentions clear, I will be moving Uprising to SWBFII.

However, that does not mean I will do nothing for SWBF1 any more. I want to pull off one last mod: a movie-accuracy mod.
In Progress:

On Hold: