the rep_fly_vtrans thread

Started by jdee-barc, March 22, 2017, 07:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 22, 2017, 07:07:32 PM Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 07:10:56 PM by jdee-barc
Here is proof of making the LAAT/c gunship work as it was intended to (sort of).
How I managed this:
un-dashing the setcarrierclass command in the mission lua and also undashing the setmemorypool for "carrier class"
Then I created an odf for "rep_fly_vtrans" (the laat/c) by copying the rep_fly_gunship odf, removing weapons, changing geometry and animation names, collisionpoints, and changing the class in gameobjectclass from "flyer" to "carrier". I also changed the ATTE spawnpoints from com_item_vehicle_spawn to com_item_vehicle_pad, which was what the ODF tutorial listed as being the obsolete ODF for the AT-TE's to be dropped off.

Fixed Issue:
the animation bug where it was spinning out of control before settling down. This would lead to units being unpredictably killed by a rapidly spinning gunship.

Current Issues:
The model of the laat/c itself has many collision issues. such as being able to walk through parts of it.
It does not take off after spawning with an ATTE. The AI that spawn at the AT-TE and man it however are smart enough to turn and walk out from under and around the LAAT/c. Because it does not leave, It will just sit there until it is destroyed by the enemy. It is also unpilotable (though i don't think it was supposed to be in the first place).

It would help if anyone knew of way to delay the spawning of vehicles so I could see if the dropoff part of the animation works
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

That's awesome!

I have no answers yet, isn't there a SpawnTime command or something in ZE?  And are the ATTE's tied to a CP?  (I don't think they are.  I'm going to have to fire up ZE tonight so that I quit feeling silly).
I feel like it would have to be something in the vehicle_pad ODF or in ZE.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Jdee could you send me all the used here files so i can test them on my own.I have some experience with such things.I also can make animations now in XSI (im still very big noob).Maybe i may discover something usable.If its possible send me a link with all the files you were using here.I would like to try.If i find something will say asap.

Update:
Everything works now: LAAT/c's drop the AT-TE's off and take off. Nothing crashes, everything is aligned correctly and there's no weird animation issues. The problem was the incorrect "keep" commands in the msh.option file for the model, and a mislabeled hp name for the cargonode in both the atte and vtrans odf's. Here's a screenshot.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

The only real bug is  that the LAAT/c's will take off after dropping the walkers, and just disappear right as it looks like it should be about to fly away. I'd like it if they instead just flew away out of sight before this happens. It's not heinous but it is aesthetically displeasing to witness.
Current Projects:

Jdee i probably ask too much but is it possible to send whole this amazing thing so i can try it myself?I really dont know how you did that.But i might figure out something.Who knows.If its not exclusive for your mod of course.  :o

Hi Jdee,
The Vtrans looks very interesting.   :cheer: Would you please upload a youtube or even better a simlpe map to see that thing in action.
Have a nice time
Triops

Video will be SUPER nice.However if he send me the files just to check it i might try fixing the problem with the dissapearing after putting down the atte.

April 13, 2017, 08:35:53 AM #7 Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 02:31:51 PM by jdee-barc
Here - this is the test map and also the unmunged files. All it really is is the stock Geonosis with the edited AT-TE spawn points, and a custom REP side with everything you need for this. And feel free to apply it to ur maps/mods if u download.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p1s1zjgzqpfmxa6/SetCarrierClassTest.exe?dl=0
Current Projects:

Hi Jdee, thanks for bringing the carrier to life and uploading the test map. I am hopeful somebody here will find a way to prevent the  vtrans to disappear so early.
Best wishes Triops  8)

April 14, 2017, 04:33:22 AM #9 Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 02:50:12 PM by Ginev
Thanks Jdee.I will test it right away.

EDIT:Jdee it will be better to tell me what exactly to do in order to make it work cuz i am modding right now Battlefront 2 and i dont have battlefront 1 to see how its looking on the map you send me.Do i have to simply put the vtrans from the odf in my map or i have to place it through vehicle_spawn?What exactly need to do?

Seems to be an error with the animation files. Try replacing the animations with the files found in the BF2 Mod Tools assets.

I tryed already but its not working.I even tryed replacing it with the Battlefront 2 Atte model but still its not working.I know the BF2 Atte dont have the hp_link2 i just tryed putting normal Atte on my map and its still crashing.Wtf is happening.The problem i think is with this strange mesh i am seeing:

WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\rep_walk_atte.msh]:Mesh rep_walk_atte segment atte_f_grill vertex 0 has invalid weight[3]=-0.162500.

I check it in XSI.ITs the front like little cabine infront of the atte. (this "atte_f_grill" segment)

Hey yeah I'm sorry BF2 modding is still a completely whole different animal to me - I have no idea what's going on there.
Current Projects:

I fixed the problem with the atte.Well it seems the code for the vtrans was left behind after the release of Battlefront 1 but probably they removed it completely in Battlefront 2.I tryed putting it and its not working.There was not even a vehicle_pad spawn odf in the BF2 Modding tools.I tryed using the the one from BF1 but didnt worked.

Like the grappling hook and the disguise kit, the code for the Vtrans was removed from SWBF2 outright.

Another reason I'd love to have the source code for both games.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base