SWBF________?

Started by «ΙΞ¢KØ», July 01, 2013, 12:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Sorry, I feel like this is a waste of a thread, I thought this was brought up before but i couldn't find the post.

but my question is what are we calling this new battlefront game by dice?

its not swbf3 they say, but we cant just call it swbf. are we just going to say swbf3 for short our abbreviations or is there another one more commonly used that i missed (and yes,  i am to lazy to call it "Ea's Star Wars: Battlefront").
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

Quote from: «ΙΞ¢KØ» on July 01, 2013, 12:23:00 AM
Sorry, I feel like this is a waste of a thread, I thought this was brought up before but i couldn't find the post.

but my question is what are we calling this new battlefront game by dice?

its not swbf3 they say, but we cant just call it swbf. are we just going to say swbf3 for short our abbreviations or is there another one more commonly used that i missed (and yes,  i am to lazy to call it "Ea's Star Wars: Battlefront").

Me and my clan currently call it EASWBF, you could use that. :P

I will always call it Star Wars Battlefront III, no matter what.
Unleashed Elemental Forces - Professional esport since 2005

I think we should call it "SWBFR" and I'll tell you why.
It has been confirmed by EA and Dice that this new Battlefront game is not Battlefront 3, but rather a reboot. So why not call it "Star Wars Battlefront Reboot" or
"SWBFR."

The abbreviation is just as long as SWBFI and I don't think people will confuse it with the PSP games if they understand context clues. ;)

Often when the title is a reboot, the year of release is affixed to it for example: "Star Trek 09".
But we don't know the year of release so I'm with Kitfisto for now, SWBFR!

To be honest i am little scared about this battlefront.What we gonna do if there is no AI and 3rd person view?What i am gonna do?OMG.....the end of the world is coming i think  :XD:  :cheers:  :wacko:

Its common for people to call the original swbf swbf1, so what im going to do is call swbf1 that, and call the reboot swbf. Also, I refus to call it an ea reboot, it is a DICE reboot.

Quote from: Ginev on July 01, 2013, 08:15:16 AM
To be honest i am little scared about this battlefront.What we gonna do if there is no AI and 3rd person view?What i am gonna do?OMG.....the end of the world is coming i think
I won't buy the game if it doesn't have instant action. I don't like playing games with only a campaign and a heavy reliance that people will play more multiplayer than singleplayer. But there is another thread for that.  ;)

Quote from: Ltin on July 01, 2013, 08:30:23 AM
Also, I refus to call it an ea reboot, it is a DICE reboot.
Is there really a difference? EA publishes Dice's games. Dice can create an amazing SWBF game but if EA doesn't like it, the game won't get published. So yes it's Dice's reboot but EA has control over whether the game even gets published. ;)

Quote from: Kit Fisto on July 01, 2013, 09:10:04 AM
Is there really a difference? EA publishes Dice's games. Dice can create an amazing SWBF game but if EA doesn't like it, the game won't get published. So yes it's Dice's reboot but EA has control over whether the game even gets published. ;)
there is a difference, because i don't like ea, but i do like the developers. which is why battlefield is a dice game, simcity maxis, mass effect bioware, etc.

New Battlefront?

NSWBF?

Kinda like New Coke (years and years ago.)

Since I won't be able to play it till I can afford a new machine, (which may never actually happen) I feel no pressure to call it anything.

i call it battlefront thats what it said in the littie movie they did.