Tracking Mine Concept

Started by i2Bros, November 18, 2017, 02:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Is there a way to create a granade that can be throwed, that explodes like a mine but has the effect of "highlighting" an enemy behind cover? Is that possible? And by highlighting I don't mean necessarily a red glowing texture on the hitten target, even something like the yellow objective arrow, the red icon when an enemy is localized or the the four white marks that appear when a target is tracked with the tracking button. All this but behind walls. Is this possible in some way?
"Come on, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?"
- Lieutenant Rasczak speaking to the Roughnecks troopers

Quote from: i2Bros on November 18, 2017, 02:52:56 AM
Is there a way to create a granade that can be throwed, that explodes like a mine but has the effect of "highlighting" an enemy behind cover? Is that possible? And by highlighting I don't mean necessarily a red glowing texture on the hitten target, even something like the yellow objective arrow, the red icon when an enemy is localized or the the four white marks that appear when a target is tracked with the tracking button. All this but behind walls. Is this possible in some way?

Recon droid enables local radar, so you might look at that feature and see if it can be added to a nade.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

really? i never knew that. I am gonna test this

Here is other wacky idea!The bothan incinerator weapon has an effect when you shoot enemy he is covered in white smoke.You can add this effect to a grenade (if possible i do not know) and when that grenade explode make it so the enemys will take only 1 damage per sec and you can switch the smoke effect with something else.SO basically the effect will follow the enemy soldier.You can switch the effect with Red arrow pointing at him if you know how to di it with particle editor.The problem will be only that grenades do not hit targets behind objects :D
Its still a idea guys  :shrug:  I was thinking about such thing for a years.

I like the first idea more, cause the mine is supposed to reveal enemy positioning. I see what I can do.

I tried this but nothing really happens:

[OrdnanceClass]
ClassLabel          = "sticky"
ClassParent       = "com_weap_inf_thermaldetonator_ord"
GeometryName           = "rep_weap_inf_grenadethermal.msh"

[Properties]

LightColor          = "179 66 244 150"
LightRadius         = "4.0"

ImpactEffectWater   = "com_sfx_watersplash_sm"
ImpactEffect        = "com_sfx_explosion_lg"
TrailEffect         = "com_sfx_weap_grenade_gold"

MapViewMin      = 50
MapViewMax      = 50
MapSpeedMin      = 0
MapSpeedMax      = 100

ScanningRange       = 30.0
TransmitRange       = 300.0

LifeSpan            = "10.6"
Velocity            = "25.0"
Gravity             = "1.25"
Rebound             = "0.2"
Friction            = "2.0"

StickPerson         = 0
StickAnimal         = 0
StickDroid          = 0
StickVehicle        = 1
StickBuilding       = 1
StickBuildingDead   = 0
StickBuildingUnbuilt= 0
StickTerrain        = 0

CollisionOtherSound     = "com_weap_inf_grenade_bounce"
CollisionWaterSound     = "imp_inf_trooper_land_water"
CollisionFoliageSound   = ""

ExplosionExpire     = "rep_weap_inf_thermaldetonator_exp"

AmbientSound   = "remotedroid_engine_lp"
Ambient2Sound  = "remotedroid_radio"

scanningrange and transmitrange.

They could be vehicle properties.   You might have better luck starting wth recon droid and making it look like a grenade.  It is possible that these are vehicle class only properties.   And remember, it will just show enemies on the mini-map.

Quote from: Led on November 26, 2017, 06:29:05 AM
scanningrange and transmitrange.

They could be vehicle properties.   You might have better luck starting wth recon droid and making it look like a grenade.  It is possible that these are vehicle class only properties.   And remember, it will just show enemies on the mini-map.
But is it possible to make recon droids not a piloted vehicle in 1st person? Much like let's say the autoturret?

Quote from: i2Bros on November 26, 2017, 08:30:26 AM
But is it possible to make recon droids not a piloted vehicle in 1st person? Much like let's say the autoturret?

I don't know.  But there are some options you can try, like limiting the vehicle life, etc.