SWBF1 GameMaster 2016 Update

Started by Phobos, January 26, 2016, 05:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
https://gameshare.community/discussion/526/unified-way-to-play-online-new-hex-edit-way-and-dedicated-executables

I've hex edited the original server and client files here. Only changes were "gamespy.com" to "gamespy.onl" in hex editor. These are for SWBF 1.2, I can upload the 1.3 patch later.

http://fcsite.ml/GameMaster_2016_patch.7z

QuoteIncludes GameMaster 2016 NoCD client and server Star Wars Battlefront 1.2 patch hex edited by Phobos.

----------

Unified way to play online (new HEX-Edit way and dedicated executables!)
Kalle
January 21 edited January 22 in Announcements
Hey guys, I recently bought the domain "gamespy.onl". This domain redirects to both masterservers via DNS. So in future you'll just need to Hex-Edit "gamespy.com" to "gamespy.onl". I also created a wiki page for that and will fill in all neccessary information in future.

This new domain will automatically rotate between the two masterserver hosts and will provide an higher level of availability for GameMaster.

Please update your executables then! Some people even using very old executables. In future I won't support the old domain names any more (meaning "gameshare.info").

I'll update our client / server executables over the next days. It's highly recommended that you'll use them instead of the old ones!

----------

Redirect games to GameMaster

Since January 2016 GameMaster got a new way to give you an easy gaming experience. Our executables now automatically load balancing all requests to our GameMaster server without the need to specify an explicit Masterserver. Before you'd to use "d.gameshare.me" for our german masterserver and "u.gameshare.me" for our american masterserver. Now only "gamespy.onl" is required.

New executables from GameMaster will be available over the next days. Stay tuned.
Download our prebuilt executables

We already have changed all neccessary things for our supported games. Just download them at our filebase. This files aren't cracked. You'll need the original CD / DVD if the game want's it! If you don't trust our own executables just hex-edit them (see info below).
Hex-Edit your game executable on your own

To be able to play old games with our masterserver you'll simply need to hex-edit your main game executable. Find all strings with "gamespy.com" in it and replace them with "gamespy.onl". After that you'll be able to play online again.

So I've installed the client executable. Where does the server one go, or do I just need that if I intend to host a server?

Quote from: Gold Man on January 26, 2016, 09:42:06 PM
So I've installed the client executable. Where does the server one go, or do I just need that if I intend to host a server?

Right, server exe is if you host dedi server.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Do I understand correctly that a new patch (Client ans Server GameMaster_2016_patch)  should install necessarily to all players SWBF?
And soon the old GameMaster patch completely will stop working?

Quote from: SAMoWAR on February 01, 2016, 10:46:38 AM
Do I understand correctly that a new patch (Client ans Server GameMaster_2016_patch)  should install necessarily to all players SWBF?

The new server patch is independent of IP address.  The old patch has a hard coded IP address. 

So, if the IP address changes, the old patch will not work.  However, it may be a long time before the IP address changes.  You can also always just use the hosts file edit instead, and not use the server patch.

February 01, 2016, 01:37:49 PM #6 Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 06:06:59 PM by Phobos
Quote from: SAMoWAR on February 01, 2016, 10:46:38 AM
For now the previous patches still work, u.gameshare.me and d.gameshare.me
These should still work as long as gamespy.onl works (the latest patch uses this)

I think the one Kalle said won't be supported in the future is gameshare.info which was the original gamemaster patch.

So basically if you're using the latest patch it will automatically choose the American or German master server for you, but if you're using the USA/German specific patch from before it will use the chosen master server directly, so any of these 3 should work. Just make sure you aren't using the gameshare.info patch.

What I'm wondering is whether using one master server over the other would affect lag in any way. For example using the german master server while hosting and playing form the US. I don't think it would but just in case, I added the USA master server back to [FC] Chicago and the German master server to [FC] Frankfurt. So if you prefer to use only one of the master server you don't even need this latest patch. But it's recommended for most players to at least have a copy of this in their gamedata folder, incase one of the master servers goes down.

Quote from: Led on February 01, 2016, 01:14:45 PM
The new server patch is independent of IP address.  The old patch has a hard coded IP address. 

So, if the IP address changes, the old patch will not work.  However, it may be a long time before the IP address changes.  You can also always just use the hosts file edit instead, and not use the server patch.
The gamespy.onl used in latest patch appears to be a german IP. So for my client battlefront I reverted to the u.gameshare.me patch since it's located in new york. Hosts file is probably easier method but I prefer using the exe patch.

Quote from: Kalle
I will contact GWL. The domain names "d.gameshare.me" and "u.gameshare.me" will stay online forever (I would need an unique identifier). But I know that many of you using the really old one with "gameshare.info". I will disable that in a few weeks because this modification hasn't replaced all gamespy strings because gamespy was running at this time.
Ok so its confirmed these will stay online along with gamespy.onl

Playing lag is not controlled by the master server, only the local server.

The master server location can affect how quickly the server list gets displayed, however.

February 02, 2016, 10:06:41 PM #8 Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 12:04:21 AM by Phobos
SWBF1 Server Executables Archive
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=10210.0;attach=5496

QuoteThere seemed to be an error in the officially released German GameShare March 2015 patch which contained 2 references to "u.gameshare.me" so I've patched this. I also combined and organized all known server executables for SWBF1 version 1.2 into an archive.

GAMEMASTER UPDATED SERVER PATCH
- battlefront_American
- battlefront_German
- battlefront_International
- PS2 battlefront_American
- PS2 battlefront_German
update - PS2 battlefront_International

OBSOLETE SERVERS
- GameShare.Info battlefront
- GameSpy battlefront
- GameSpy battlefront_35Bans
- GameSpy battlefront_35Bans+NoBleed