SWBFSpy: All You Need To know (Download patches here)

Started by Anyder, May 27, 2016, 12:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 21, 2016, 06:45:37 PM #60 Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 06:48:34 PM by Caedus
Hey, thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately I've done those things, I've launched the game through the new swbfspy.exe version and tabbed out to allow it through the firewall :( I don't run it through steam currently, I want to get this sorted before I start renaming .exes for that :P Also out of an habit I immediately went to online options and set it to search all regions :P haha

EDIT: Also when I last tried to host my own server in game, it closed the server down saying unable to register (or something like that, don't quite remember the message).

OK.  The symptoms you described would be if you are not able to contact the master server.  I just re-downloaded the patch and ran it and it works just fine, so that is not the issue.

I would recommend backing up your original exe and renaming the new exe.  There is no harm to do this, and you can just reverse the process to get things back in place if you don't like it.

There are only a couple of other things I can think of:

-make sure you have not remapped any calls using your hosts file located at
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

If you don't know about the hosts file, chances are you have never changed it so don't worry about it.

-You can check your Virtual Store to make sure there is not a stuck copy of the unpatched file

You can also just use the auto-installer:

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1248
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I figured out what is was, it's my shitty ISP that's not being friendly in general. It works when i'm connected to a VPN :)

Cheers!

Quote from: Caedus on October 21, 2016, 07:10:09 PM
I figured out what is was, it's my shitty ISP that's not being friendly in general. It works when i'm connected to a VPN :)

Cheers!

Hopefully you won't lag too bad with a vpn

The game crashes when I try to create a game in the original Star Wars Battlefront.

I have successfully installed and joined a game.

Quote from: WigglyDickling on October 25, 2016, 10:37:59 AM
The game crashes when I try to create a game in the original Star Wars Battlefront.

I don't think you can create a game, I think you have to join the servers there are. Not 100% sure though.
The years just fly past, don't they?

Quote from: WigglyDickling on October 25, 2016, 10:37:59 AM

OK, so SWBF1 from 2004, using the SWBFspy patch?  Can you tell us exactly what patch you applied and also your operating system version (7, 8, 10, etc).  Also tell us if you are using SWBF 1.2.

And the crash occurs when you go to launch the game?

Quote from: Nyx on October 25, 2016, 10:40:17 AM
I don't think you can create a game, I think you have to join the servers there are. Not 100% sure though.

This is not correct.

omg ! These are so incredible !! SWBF1+SWBF2 server browser functional !!!

Thanks SO much !!!! Now I wonder why so much GR craze ? Simulated LAN ? Blasphemy !!!!! :cheers:

Quote from: mistamontiel on January 15, 2017, 08:04:24 PM
omg ! These are so incredible !! SWBF1+SWBF2 server browser functional !!!

Thanks SO much !!!! Now I wonder why so much GR craze ? Simulated LAN ? Blasphemy !!!!! :cheers:

Indeed.  We need more players.  Unfortunately, not everyone is able to figure out how to install the patch...even though we supply auto-installers.

I've got a buddy who too did not lookup this cakewalk GS workaround ! I'm trying I'm trying !! :cheer:

not working keep saying bink32.dll missing even when i installed it
a human being enclosed in each console's box for a more challenging AI.

Quote from: TPRPrivate on April 26, 2017, 03:38:49 AM

This happens when it is installed in the wrong location. 

Quote from: TPRPrivate on April 26, 2017, 03:38:49 AM

You need to have the exe file in the same folder as Binkw32.dll (meaning; you need to add it to GameData).

CLICK THE IMAGE AND IT WILL TAKE YOU TO THE STEAM GUIDE.

I placed the exe in my gamedata, i opened it from there just fine. Once the game starts i cant do anything.... it shows my profile but i cant click on it with my mouse, i can get over this part by pressing enter. However i still cant use my mouse to navigate or select tabs... im just stuck on the main screen..... sigh i just wanna play swbf2  :confused: I was using gameranger just fine till it bugged on me? It stays on the gamespy login screen with the same effect as this one, cant use mouse to navigate.

computer os is win10.