Health/Ammo Pack Spawner

Started by Dark_Phantom, April 04, 2022, 08:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Health/Ammo Pack Spawner

What it does:
This allows usage of the vehicle spawn template to be used to drop in assets, in this case "powerupitem" class, anywhere on the field where it will respawn when taken.

How it works:
Place all assets in their respective world folders (DataXXX\Worlds\XXX\msh and DataXXX\Worlds\XXX\odf)
Open ZeroEditor
Place coa_ammo_drop or coa_health_drop somewhere on the map.  It should be placed high enough so that it falls a short distance, otherwise it could go through your building/terrain.
Update the instance properties in the right hand panel.  They must be in a ControlZone, so you'll need to set up a region if you don't have one. 
Set the spawn time to whatever is appropriate (I used 20 seconds).  This is how long after the pack is taken it will respawn.
Add coa_item_powerup_healthJK (or ammo) to all of the CLASSxxxATK and DEF instances that you will need it for.
(note: the previous steps are the same as vehicle setup)
Add entries under "class" for each odf.  Example:
   REQN
    {
        "class"
      "coa_item_powerup_healthJK"
      "coa_health_drop"
      "coa_ammo_drop"
      "coa_item_powerup_ammoJK"
    }
Munge
Load map and check area.  If you pick up the pack, it should respawn in the time allotted.  You can also use the powerup odfs to change other information about the actual drops.

Credits:
Dark_Phantom - creator
Ecki81 - jediknight2blender addon
Lucasfilm/Lucasarts/Disney - original assets, and the games they were pulled from.
Pandemic Studios - mod tools and documentation

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1605
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

This is an awesome discovery! Thanks for the share!  :cheers:
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

I have tested this in Battlefront 2 and confirm it works with stock powerups as well as characters! You can spawn any character and they will be friendly for whatever team owns that vehicle spawn. They don't seem to have a goal, during my tests, they ignored flags and CPs and just went around killing. When they died, they successfully respawned after the vehicle respawn timer counts down. They also obeyed the follow command. Lastly, it works with any character, as long as that character is loaded into the mission script.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

Huh! I wonder if that works in SWBF1 also! It sounds like an interesting way of getting around team limits or having to do local spawn paths for just a single unit or two.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

tried it unit spawns but doesent respond to anything atleast for me.
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh