Star Wars Battlefront Mos Staike

Started by wsa30h, June 27, 2019, 03:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Star Wars Battlefront  Mos Staike

https://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1497

Battle on Tatooine in Mos Staike.
features 3 factions with cw era having clones vs empire with rebels as a local faction
and gcw has droids vs empire with clones as a third faction.
enjoy!
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

The novelty is in the cross-era factions all being on the same map at the same time. BTW it is possible to have up to 5 local teams. Here's how: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=4625.msg44794#msg44794

The problem is the map itself is a bit bland. Not much to see in the way of scenery. For your next map I strongly recommend thinking of a setting that would be interesting or cool, then spend some time making a map based on it and having all 4 factions on the map at once. You could also spice things up by having Republic and Rebels vs CIS and Empire (or Republic & Empire vs CIS and Rebels).
In the Soviet Army, it takes more courage to retreat than advance.

June 29, 2019, 10:03:28 AM #2 Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 01:16:12 PM by African with 2 Kalishnakov
Yea once you start making large elevation changes it gets really cool. My favorite maps have multiple levels (Jabba's Palace, Bespin cloud city)

June 29, 2019, 10:44:52 AM #3 Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 10:49:50 AM by Red04 (CC-4398)
I tried the map. I think it's a good idea to dare to make a map with cross-era compatibility, but the design seems very simple to me. I cannot judge much further since you just started using ZeroEditor, the use of stock items on the map seems fine (although a new element is always welcome) but the layout of the buildings, CPs, in general, you could improve it much more.

Here are some tips for improving the map that could be useful:

-As KomissarReb said, try adding the remaining sides that are missing as local sides (CIS in CW and Alliance in GCW). And if possible, change the locals CPs by the invisible ones to avoid confusion, since locals use the default color yellow.
-Try that the buildings are not so separated from each other. If you want you can make a main avenue(s), and from time to time make streets between these buildings. Nor would it be wrong to limit the action area of the map using walls and placing some buildings in the surroundings (this is not strictly necessary, just look at the design of Mos Eisley).
-Change the terrain textures by the same ones used in Mos Eisley. It will give a more natural and smooth color to the map.
-When killing a unit from the local side usually the name of the member appears (Gamorrean, Tusken Raider, etc.). I would change this to another, more suitable name using Localization Tool (Project -> Open Project -> <ModID> -> Localize <ModID>).
-Adding some vehicles. This is up to you, but in big maps as yours there's vehicle spawn points.
-Adding more turrets, by the same way/style Mos Eisley has.
-I don't want to go into many more details, but I think it wouldn't be bad to include paths/barriers on the map too. Both elements make the AI follow the paths of the map and avoid obstacles.

Otherwise the map is fine, I like that the sky is at night. Keep it up! ;)
AR Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/gmmSm5e | Star Wars: Battlefront - 20th Anniversary (2004-2024)

yeah I fixed the localization for the command posts and locals just don't know how to upload a new verion of the map here.
-- bf1 tcw battles

Go ahead and upload it the usual way and we can either host both, or you can tell me to remove the previous version.   :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

thanks i will let you know when i polish up the fixed version.
-- bf1 tcw battles